JAVA , C++ with Fixed Income
Equity Finanace C++/Java developer
Our client located in New York City is seeking a C++/Java developer strong in the field of equity finance for an immediate contract opportunity.
Equity Finance technology is seeking a developer to assist in the design and development of our Swaps technology platform to support the rapid growth of our Prime Brokerage Equity Finance business. The successful candidate will have greater than 5 years development experience supporting scalable, flexible, straight through processing systems for Equity or other financial derivatives products. Desire to work in a fast paced collaborative environment is a must. The candidate will work with internal clients to analyze, design, test, implement and support various applications and tools. Candidates should clearly display a proven track record of success throughout their career, be highly motivated and possess excellent communication skills, while demonstrating the ability to articulate business and technical initiatives at all levels of the organization.
Minimum 5 years experience developing flexible, scalable and robust applications preferably supporting the financial services sector.
• Solid grasp of object oriented programming.
• Required technologies C++, Java, Spring, SQL. Hibernate, Maven and Perl experience a plus.
• Experience working with messaging protocols, databases and graphical user interfaces.
• Prior experience working with order management systems, FIX, or other exchange connectivity is also desirable.
• Candidate with demonstrated knowledge of derivatives products including Equity Swaps, CFDs, futures, options, Interest Rate Swaps, repurchase agreements, securities lending, and convertible bonds will be given preference. Knowledge and/or experience working in Prime Brokerage is optimal.
• Work closely with internal clients (consultants and non-consultants) to understand needs, define requirements and provide business process automation consulting and solutions.
• Participate in the design, development, release and maintenance of various Equity Finance initiatives including Arranged Financing, Margin and Asset Servicing.
• Interface, as necessary, with other IT teams in the delivery of solutions.
• Exhibited history for implementing transformational changes of technology platforms a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team.
• Ability to proactively manage issues and risks and independently drive projects forward.
• Good collaboration and influence skills.
• Candidate should enjoy working in a fast paced, client driven environment.