Sr. Software Engineer, Java (closed)
NetEffects is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer, Java
Responsible for the analysis, design, development and delivery of software solutions. Define requirements for new applications and customization adhering to standards, processes and best practices. Develop, customize, and test applications to integrate specifications. Provide leadership, mentoring, and technical training to other team members.
- Plan, design and develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with standards, processes and best practices.
- Contribute to day to day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs) and create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market.
- Accountable for full systems development life cycle including creating high quality design documents, use-cases, and other technical artifacts including but not limited to detailed test strategy/test design, performance benchmarking, release rollout and deployment plans, contingency/back-out plans, feasibility study, cost and time analysis and detailed estimates.
- Perform system maintenance, production incident problem management, identification of root cause, remediation of the problems and on-call pager support schedule. Select appropriate technical frameworks and solution delivery methodology. Adapt to the technical artifact templates per the needs of the project and technology. Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place. Maintain solution and technology road maps.
- Research and evaluate current and upcoming technologies and frameworks.
- Participate in PoCs (Proof of Concept) and help the Department with selection of Vendor Solutions, Technologies, Methodologies and Frameworks. •Collaborate with Vendor Resources for Support of Products.
- Conduct brownbag sessions on new and upcoming technologies, methodologies and application appropriate frameworks. Ensure knowledge transfer of vendor technology to staff. Provide technical training to the other team members.
- Follow and promote Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes in the department. Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency. Mentor and guide other team members during all phases of the SDLC. Ensure adequate test coverage in Unit Testing, System Testing/Integration Testing and Performance Testing. Perform Quality Inspections and Walkthroughs through out the SDLC including Requirements Review, Design Review, Code Review and Security Review to ensure compliance with standards.
- Co-ordinate offshore development and manage day to day activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
Knowledge / Experience:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in related field.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in delivering secure solutions in Financial Services Sector is preferred.
- Broad understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required.
- Demonstrate Core Competencies.
Proficient in following:
- Java, Struts, Spring, Hibernate, JAX-WS, JSP, Web Sphere 7.x
- SOAP, WSDL creation, HTML, XML, Java Script
- Strong database concepts (Oracle), PL/SQL
- Windows shell scripting, Unix shell scripting
- Web Development - Visual Design (Photoshop and the like)
- Production support experience a plus
- Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and have the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
- Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
- Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with matching contribution
- Life Insurance
- PTO/Benchtime/NetEffects University
Do you know someone that is a good fit for this position? Call us today 636-237-1000 to learn more about our referral program. Just ask to speak with an available recruiter for more details.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please refer to http://www.bullhornreach.com/user/32485/jobs for a complete listing of our open positions. Thank you once again for your time and consideration!
Follow us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter!