Senior Software Application Tester (closed)
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copy and Paste the following job title and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job: Senior Software Application Tester (52020)
NetEffects is seeking a Senior Software Application Tester
Our client is passionate about using science and technology to improve agriculture. Scientists are conducting the research and development (R&D) to revolutionize plant breeding and biotechnology. The team within IT works directly with the scientists to develop software platforms that enable these research and development efforts. This opportunity would allow the accepted candidate to directly contribute to delivering state-of-the art IT solutions. The successful candidate will be a member of the team to test enterprise-level Java, .Net, and Oracle applications. Candidates with a background in science are highly desired for this position.
Each team is comprised of a project manager, business analysts, software developers and testers. These teams design, develop, and test enterprise-class R&D software. The individual will be responsible for performing integration and system testing for each iteration of the development life cycle. The individual will need to implement test scripts based on requirements created by the Business Analyst. The tester is responsible for logging the defects identified during testing.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Needs to fully understand the software development life cycle.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years US experience as a tester in an IT testing organization.
- Must possess solid SQL skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills, written and oral communication skills, and problem solving skills.
- Work and/or educational experience in an agricultural, biotechnology, or life sciences industry highly desired.
- Experience or familiarity with Worksoft Certify testing tool.
Candidates who succeed in this fast-paced dynamic environment excel in the following competencies:
- Functional Competency: Demonstrates broad knowledge of functional skills. Has the ability to perform at a high level of accomplishment and willingness to learn new technologies and practices.
- Team Orientation: Works cooperatively with others. Encourages participation. Values the contribution of all team members.
- Results Orientation: Fosters a sense of urgency, identifies and overcomes obstacles. Balances the big picture with day-to-day activities/issues for their technology. Persistent in the pursuit of results.
- Communication: Creates an environment that fosters open, frank communication. Clearly expresses oneself orally and in writing. Listens carefully, solicits other opinions. Creates new channels of communication between IT and other business functions.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with matching contribution
- Life Insurance
- PTO/Benchtime/NetEffects University
Do you know someone that is a good fit for this position? Call us today 636-237-1000 to learn more about our referral program. Just ask to speak with an available recruiter for more details.
Our clients select NetEffects as their IT staffing and solutions provider because of our experience, commitment to quality, and focus on the IT marketplace. Over the past 15 years, we have built trusted relationships with our clients by providing employees who are among the most talented and driven in the industry.
NetEffects was recently named one of INC Magazine’s Fastest Growing Companies and we have earned primary vendor status with some of the top companies around the world. Our diverse customer base allows us to provide our candidates with not just one, but many opportunities that fit their individual skillset. Talk to one of our recruiters today and find out how you can join our winning team!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please refer to http://www.bullhornreach.com/user/32485/jobs for a complete listing of our open positions. Thank you once again for your time and consideration!
Follow us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter!