Scientific Software Application Support Specialist (closed)
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com.
Copy and Paste the following job title and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job: Scientific Software Application Support Specialist (52015)
NetEffects is seeking a Scientific Software Application Support Specialist
Work as a key team member in the deployment and support of TPS Biotech, Field Breeding, Compliance, or other applications for our clients. Focus will be to provide support for global user community, responsible for deploying and supporting enterprise-level biotech, plant breeding, and regulated software systems developed by TPS. Responsibilities include software deployment, training, user adoption, user support, troubleshooting issues, issue tracking and software documentation. The Support Specialist has liaison responsibilities with each applications software project team. Requirements areas are BS or MS in bio, plant or chemical sciences; knowledge of Excel, Access, and MS software, along with the ability to learn new software.
- B.S. in Biology, Agronomy or Plant Sciences and/or comparable work experience in Agriculture or Biotechnology domain required.
- The candidate must be PC proficient.
- Experience with agricultural research and/or business and strong working knowledge of Excel, Access and other Microsoft software is highly desirable.
- Candidate should have strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills and problem solving skills.
- The candidate must be a self starter and be able to work alone and as part of a team.
- MS or PhD in Biology, Plant Sciences or Chemistry highly desired.
Candidates who succeed in this fast paced dynamic environment excel in the following competencies:
- Team Orientation: Works cooperatively with others. Encourages participation. Values the contribution of all team members.
- Results Orientation: Fosters a sense of urgency, identifies and overcomes obstacles. Balances the big picture with day-to-day activities/issues for their technology. Persistent in the pursuit of results.
- Communication: Creates an environment that fosters open, frank communication. Clearly expresses oneself orally and in writing. Listens carefully, solicits other opinions. Creates new channels of communication between IT and other business functions.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with matching contribution
- Life Insurance
- PTO/Benchtime/NetEffects University
Do you know someone that is a good fit for this position? Call us today 636-237-1000 to learn more about our referral program. Just ask to speak with an available recruiter for more details.
Our clients select NetEffects as their IT staffing and solutions provider because of our experience, commitment to quality, and focus on the IT marketplace. Over the past 15 years, we have built trusted relationships with our clients by providing employees who are among the most talented and driven in the industry.
NetEffects was recently named one of INC Magazine’s Fastest Growing Companies and we have earned primary vendor status with some of the top companies around the world. Our diverse customer base allows us to provide our candidates with not just one, but many opportunities that fit their individual skillset. Talk to one of our recruiters today and find out how you can join our winning team!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please refer to http://www.bullhornreach.com/user/32485/jobs for a complete listing of our open positions. Thank you once again for your time and consideration!
Follow us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter!