Sinker EDM Applications Engineer (closed)
• Support showroom activities including machine demonstrations, process development, test studies, time studies, and overall presentation and cleanliness of showroom areas.
• Support customers and distributors with activities and technical information that is focused on new machine sales.
• Support setup and machine operation at tradeshows.
• Successfully perform responsibilities in a fast-paced changing customer driven environment.
• Support training department at location relating to customer training and local field applications support.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must have valid drivers license.
• Must be able to secure and maintain a credit card.
• Ability to work independently and use judgment to determine customer problems with limited direct supervision.
• Ability to interact with customers in a professional manner.
• Must be able to travel at any time to various customer locations, which includes having or being able to obtain a passport.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• 2 year technical degree a plus but not required.
• 3-5 years of experience running milling machines in a shop environment.
• CAD/CAM programming experience.
• AutoCAD and/or MasterCAD and/or SolidWorks.
• Experience with production of parts in a shop setting.
• Experience demonstrating/teaching machine operations to other workers and/or clients.
• Experience servicing and assembling/disassembling EDM machinery.
• Mechanically and electronically inclined.
Contact Scott MacNaughton 973-895-9200 or email@example.com