Duration: 1 + YEAR with high possibility of extension
- Works in an IT automation tools development for Billing / ordering system test team.
- Responsible for reviewing the high level requirements from the Test teams, prepare detailed design/approach document, walk-through of the design documents, coding & Unit testing of the Automation tools/modules and demo of the tool.
- Responsible for coordination of the automation development work with other global locations.
- Responsible for providing hand-off, status emails on a daily basis to ensure that we are making good progress towards meeting the internal target milestone dates.
- As part of the Regression Test team, the resources will also be focusing on major release IT System Test Planning, Test Case Execution and Validation activities for Regression and will be called upon to support IST/ E2E testing activities.
- The resource will receive and provide daily hand-off from/to the different global teams.
- The resource will be involved in analyzing Requirements, writing test plans/cases, analyzing/preparing test data, and execution, opening and resolving defects and providing final deliverables.
- The resource will need to coordinate with development teams to ensure that the projects are retested in a timely manner.
- Senior Candidate 7-8 years of tool development experience.
- Solid technical skills with an ability to build automated testing tools in an UNIX, ORACLE environment and C#, .Net Platform. (VB .Net). Technical skills should include strong knowledge in UNIX commands, proficiency in PERL, SHELL, and VB scripting and strong working knowledge in SQL & Client Server technology/environment. Experience with systems running on a UNIX environment & Oracle database.
- Candidate should have good technical skills, proven analytical ability and strong communication skills including proficiency in both written and spoken English is essential.
- Candidate must have the ability to research and resolve issues independently as well as work effectively in a group setting.
- Candidate should be an analytical thinker capable of determining correct approaches to facing challenges as they arise.
- Familiarity with the stages of the software development lifecycle a must with experience in one or more phases of the life cycle required.
- Technical skills should include strong knowledge in UNIX commands, SQL in a Client Server technology/environment utilizing Oracle or SyBASE databases, HTML, XML with a minimum of 2-3 years experience.
- Candidate should have experience in test validation, test and defect reporting.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge in the area of software testing.
- Should be analytical with attentive to details, good problem solve techniques and be a motivated individual who completes tasks with minimal supervision.
- Actively communicate with Management, Development and Test Teams, to clarify requirements, report/troubleshoot issues, and provide status report.
- Familiarity with GUI applications.
- Tools include Mercury Quality Center, Test Director and Quick Test Pro(QTP).Knowledge desired: IPM CM Tool, HP Integrity, Business Objects.• Strong communication, organizational and time management skills
- Analytical with attentive to details and good problem solving skills.
- Teamwork Ability
- Sense of Urgency
- Punctuality and abides by company rules
NOTE: Interested candidate please contact Varun Tyagi at firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-774-7826.