PRODUCT ENGINEER, Exterior Trim
MUST HAVE EXTERIOR WINDOW TRIM EXPERIENCE
The Product Engineer oversees the roof rack, part design and development in accordance with the established specifications, schedules and budget. Meets with the Program Manager and/or project team members on a regular basis to review product development status.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee and lead the Product Design and Engineering of a part.
- Coordinate design development with tooling and manufacturing groups
- Insure a product design is complete, accurate, is of the correct material, mass production makeable and meets all of the customers design data requirements.
- Insure the customer has approved the design prior to tooling kickoff
- Implement Lessons Learned into new product designs
- Report to a Program Manager on a projects status on a regular basis.
non-essential Job Functions
- Attend Customer Plant Tours
- Document Archiving
- College Degree or equivalent experience
- Product Design experience
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Communications between customer and resources
- Ability to travel world wide
- Must be a US citizen with a valid passport
- Experience with the Launch of Automotive OEM or Tier 1 suppliers products
- Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to take ownership with minimal direction.
Other Skills/AbilitiesMicrosoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Microsoft Project
- Multiple GM, Ford, Nissan, Chrysler or other OEM experience a plus