Business Development Manager - Government Solutions (closed)
LEVERAGE YOUR PROPOSAL SUPPORT/DEVELOPMENT AND/OR SALES EXPERIENCE INTO THIS OPPORTUNITY FOR UNLIMITED GROWTH AND COMMISSIONS!
The Moore Group (TMG) is seeking a full-time Business Development Manager Government Services - to report directly to the Senior Vice President. The Manager will be responsible for identifying future business opportunities for the firm through the acquisition of new government contracts. The Manager will be responsible for providing in-depth research on potential business opportunities, identifying executive level decision makers throughout various agencies and organizations, discovering areas where TMG’s capabilities and specializations could create valuable relationships, making the pitch and creating proposals, and developing accounts.
- Review, proof read and edit contracts and proposals to ensure minimum errors within their content.
- Draft past performances for new proposals to document the work of TMG on various projects, put in specified format, and ensure proposals meet the requirements set by the client.
- Will create spreadsheets for the pricing of a proposal.
- Reformat resumes.
- Must become familiar with scope of work at TMG.
- Help research various new opportunities via on-line federal opportunities databases such as govwin.com or fbo.gov and decide which opportunities will meet our scope of work.
- Research companies who could be potential partners on a contract being pursued.
- Cold calls; must develop leads and “hit the pavement” and find new business in partners and agencies.
- BS/BA from an accredited university or applicable experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills including proofreading and editing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Team-player mentality and ability to work as part of a team with common goal of attaining new business
- High comfort level in dealing with executive level decision makers with poise, tact, and diplomacy
- Previous Business Development experience required
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Experience in outside sales of intangible services highly preferred
- 4-year college degree in business, marketing, or finance; or equivalent business experience
- Experience in proposal development and authoring
- Financial acumen in understanding operations and in developing proposals
- Solution-based selling experience
- Experience in successfully building alliances and influencing key decision makers (of all levels)
- Ability to effectively document action items and follow-up to closure
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills, presentation skills, and Microsoft Office skills
- Security clearance (SECRET)
- Experience in development and/or delivery of training programs in one or more of the following areas:
- Software training (for example: Microsoft Office, SAP, Oracle)
- Change Management
- Soft Skills: (for example: Leadership Development, Team Building, Communication, Strategic Planning, Coaching, Time Management, Emotional Intelligence, Learning Styles)
- Previous experience in Instructional Systems Design (ISD) or Computer Based Training (CBT) Development
- Project Management experience
- Federal and/or Defense contract experience
- IT Consulting experience/knowledge
Salary: Guaranteed salary base plus an aggressive commission plan with strong opportunities for advancement.
Professional references will be required.