Web Developer (closed)
APEX Systems Inc is currently seeking multiple Web Application Developers (Mid- Senior levels). To apply, please send resume in word.doc to Technical Recruiter, Monica Coyle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Application Developer
Duration: Contract to Hire
Location: King of Prussia, PA
As a Web Developer, you will be a member of a cross functional team responsible for building the presentation layer for world class web applications, including ecommerce web sites for leading retailer.
The ideal Web Developer candidate will have 5+ years of professional experience working as part of a front end technology team. Experience working in an interactive agency environment is desired. Experience working with ecommerce technologies and/or ecommerce related packaged software is preferred.
The successful Web Developer will have a sustained track record of delivering high-quality solutions on-time and on-budget. The candidate must demonstrate a strong technical competency in an environment that values accountability, quality, commitment, growth, and innovation.
Responsibilities Technically develop presentation level changes on web sites and web applications as a member of larger, cross functional project team
- Accurately implement new web site or web application features as described by functional requirement documents, wireframes, information architecture documents, interaction design documents, and graphical comps using presentation layer technologies on existing and new ecommerce websites
- Review and provide feedback on requirement documentation, wireframes, and design comps prior to commencing build
- Work closely with Graphic designers, Information Architects, Project Managers, Quality Assurance, and Software Developers on all projects to deliver high quality work on time on and on budget
- Assist in production problem resolution as needed, including occasional off-hour support
- Development experience with mark-up (X)HMTL
- Experience developing and working with cascading style sheets (CSS)
- Working knowledge of the jQuery framework
- Experience with JSTL
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices
- Experience with cross browser testing
- Experience with site performance testing
- Working knowledge of accessibility and usability best practices
- Experience with commercial or open-source content management systems such as Wordpress, Magento, Verb, etc.
- Experience working on e-commerce web sites, using commercial packages such at ATG, DemandWare or WebSphere
- Experience working with web services
- Working knowledge of code management tools such as CVS, Ant, Maven, and/or Subversion
- Understanding of MVC design patterns
- Working knowledge of modern development frameworks such as Spring or Struts
- BS degree, preferably in a Computer Science or related fields
- Must have 2+ years professional experience in web application development, with hands-on front tend technology experience as a web developer or software engineer
- Experience working in an interactive agency environment preferred.
- Experience within the ecommerce domain is preferred.