Systems Administrator (closed)
This position works with the staff in the Galway, Ireland office, and remote locations to provide technical support of desktop computers and laptops, servers, storage, applications and related technology.
Specifications, installation and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established guidelines. Employee will also assist in the maintenance and testing of network servers, systems, and associated equipment.
1. Installation, configuration and ongoing usability of desktop computers and laptops, peripheral equipment and software.
2. Server builds and implementation of new virtual and physical infrastructure.
3. Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
4. Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, printers, application servers and administrative systems.
5. Works with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software.
6. Assesses functional needs to determine specifications for purchases.
7. Responsible for filling out, reviewing and completing assigned tasks within the Service Desk ticket queue
8. Assist deployment of mobile devices and troubleshoot any problems.
9. Assist users with back office applications questions and any issues.
10. Other duties as required
• 2 -4 years' experience supporting Windows XP and Windows 7 desktop/laptop PCs
• Good experience in installing software, patches, updates on Desktops, Laptops, Servers
• Good experience in troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing hardware on both desktop and laptop PCs
• Good experience in troubleshooting network, software, printing problems
• Experience in troubleshooting mobile devices, smart phones, tablets
• Experience in supporting Windows servers (2008 R2)
• Experience in supporting Linux/Unix servers (CentOS, Redhat)
• Basic experience in supporting network storage devices (NAS)
• Basic experience in supporting virtual environment (VM)
• Basic experience in supporting Cisco switches/routers
• Experience in supporting version control and tracking systems such as CVS, SVN, Mercurial, Mantis, etc.
• Good Communication, Customer Service and Interpersonal Skills
for further information please contact Geraldine Flanagan on 091-507506