Software Engineer (closed)
Pubget is the second largest search engine for science behind Google Scholar. We've got a ton of momentum so we need awesome developers to help us kick it up a notch and take the competition head to head.
The ideal candidate has an interest in the intersection of science and the web, proven leadership skills and the ability to work autonomously.
- Designing, implementing and testing scalable and robust infrastructure to make Pubget the premier search destination for science
- Recommending and implementing best practices and tools to be used by our growing team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent with strong foundation in data structures, OOP and design patterns
- The ability to code in any language using solid design patterns (we use Ruby on Rails, Java, and some Python)
- Passion to build large-scale web sites for millions of researchers and doctors searching tens of millions of research papers (aptitude or ability to learn Hadoop, Hbase, Solr, and Lucene is essential here)
- General knowledge of SQL (we mostly use MySQL but as it's not all ORM magic SQL is needed from time to time for boosting performance)
- Excellent communication and problem solving abilities with a strong sense of ownership
You get a competitive salary depending on experience and benefits with all the trimmings. We offer a flexible work environment in a Boston seaport location. Most importantly you'll get the opportunity to develop awesome code, build a career, and strike it big all while making a meaningful impact on the pace of life science discoveries.
Representing copyright holders from nearly every country in the world, Copyright Clearance Center (CCC) is a global rights broker for millions of the world's most sought after materials, including in- and out-of-print books, journals, newspapers, magazines, images, blogs and eBooks. Founded in 1978 as a not-for-profit organization, today CCC promotes the seamless sharing of knowledge by creating innovative licensing solutions that let academic institutions, businesses, and individuals quickly get permission to use copyright-protected materials while compensating authors, publishers, and other content creators for the use of their works. For more information, visit www.copyright.com.
At CCC we provide smart solutions that simplify the licensing of content. Looking to make a smart career move? Forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org today!