Senior Functional Configurator, Merchandising (SAP Retail). (closed)
Our Client is a large National & International Consumer Goods Distributor & Retailer, with their Canadian Headquarters in Toronto.
The Senior Functional Configurator performs program configuration/modification and set-up activities using specific Client process techniques.
Responsible for understanding business requirements and configuring program properties to meet those requirements.
Extensive knowledge of how a specific package works and how it needs to interface with other functional areas.
Interface with Business Stakeholders, IT Infrastructure teams, Development teams to ensure that business requirements are properly configured within a software package.
The Senior Functional Configurator provides expert technical direction to functional configurators and contractors. Updates the Manager or Sr. Manager on day to day activities and status.
· Gather detail requirements from business users for approved large scale projects and small enhancements to existing projects.
· Perform design for approved large scale projects and small enhancements to existing projects.
· Perform program configuration/modification and set-up activities on large projects using specific Client process techniques.
· Coordinate User Acceptance testing (UAT) with the Business Client.
· Provide System Requirement Documents (SRD) and Systems External Specifications (SES) documents to the UAT and System test groups, to assist with testing scenarios.
· Coordinate training and rollout plans for new systems or enhancements to existing systems.
· Provide expert technical direction to functional configurators and contractors.
· Coordinate/collaborate with Architecture and Infrastructure Teams on best practices, design and environment setup.
· Interface with Business Stakeholders, IT Infrastructure teams, Development teams to ensure that business requirements are properly configured within a software package.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
. ** 5-10 years of related SAP experience ** (Mainly Retail)
· ** 3-5 full lifecycle SAP implementation experience including an in-depth understanding of SAP integration and ASAP methodology required. **
· Deep functional configuration experience with MM; MM (Vendor and Article (Materials) Master Data, Site (Plant), Classification System. Configuration, functional knowledge of SAP IS-Retail (Promotions, Retail Pricing and Assortment) preferred.
· Some technical experience LSMW, Debug also preferred
· ** Retail/business experience preferred. **
· BS Computer Science or related field, MS a plus.
· Ability to succinctly identify business requirements and document design
· Ability to communicate (verbal & written) to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical
· ** Recent and relevant Industry experience preferred.**
Interested & Qualified ? - Want to hear more?
Then e-mail your resume to Rob McLachlan at: firstname.lastname@example.org followed by a phone call to Rob at 514-620-0531 indicating that you have just sent your resume and he will get back to you by the following day, or sooner!