Test Engineer (closed)
Consultant will provide consulting and professional services. In this role the consultant will participate in the overall
functional analysis, system test & verification, performance and service test of applications. This position
requires hands on test engineer who has a very good knowledge of HP ALM Suite (formerly Mercury
testing tools), other testing related software with demonstrated leadership ability, strong analytical
mindset, and a strong work ethic. The consultant will be leveraging HP's intellectual capital, project
methodologies, and business processes, will stay abreast of market trends, build our credibility, and retain
client loyalty by providing the best service experience in the industry.
The position involves:
• Working closely with Product and Engineering staff & management, customer support, and
customers to validate product use cases and requirements.
• Understanding product functionality from requirements documentation, product walk-through
sessions, and functionality discussions.
• Writing and executing test cases to verify the product specifications and requirements of the
• Be able to administer, customize, make full use of Quality Center (QC) for managing
requirements, testing, writing test cases, correlating test cases to requirements and defects,
making use of dash board, defining metrics, managing defects and generating reports (Formerly
Mercury Quality Center Tool).
• Be able to develop automated functional test scripts in HP Unified Functional Test Software
(Formerly Mercury Quick Test Professional Tool).
• Be able to develop automated load test scripts in HP Load Runner and Performance Center
(Formerly Mercury Load Runner Tool).
• Collaborating with software developers to resolve issues to ensure a quality product is released on
time with predictable stability.
• 5+ year’s industry or equivalent experience working in a web-based software testing
• Demonstrated experience and proficiency in Blackbox and Whitebox testing methods.
• Database knowledge and use of database query tools.
• Experience using formal defect tracking systems.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential.
• Working knowledge of software engineering and quality assurance processes.
• Adept at identifying technical bottlenecks and providing creative solutions.
• Team player with leadership abilities.
• Analytical thinker who is adept at finding faults in software.
• Experience working with U.S. government software projects.
• Monitoring technologies best practices.
• Good Customer facing capabilities and relationship building capabilities.
• Will assist with integrating with other systems; to maintain a good relationship with the Customer
and deliver Customer satisfaction.
• Bachelor's (undergraduate) degree in engineering, such as, Computer Science, Electrical
Engineering, Software Engineering, Network Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a similar
Information Technology (IT) field of study.
• Master’s degree preferred, but not required.
• It is a mid-level to senior-level position.
Required/Desired HP Products and skill sets include:
• HP ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) tool (formerly Mercury Test Suite) which
includes; Quality Center, Unified Functional Testing, Load Runner, and Performance Center.
OS admin skills - HPUX, Solaris, Windows - enough knowledge to talk to Sys Admin about
monitoring and to get around in OS, install products, etc.
• Database admin skills - Oracle, MS SQL - enough knowledge to talk to a DBA about monitoring
of database and configure SPIs.
• Scripting - Perl, shell, and vbscript - don't have to be an expert, but need to be able to read
scripting, edit, and reuse.
• Understanding of various network and application architectures and technologies.
• Familiar with technologies for virtualization, storage/SAN, and clustering.
• Middleware/J2EE - Websphere, Weblogic, Jboss, JMX protocol.
• Web Services and XML.
• TS/SCI Security clearance with Full-scope polygraph.