Mechanical Engineer- Equipment Production Engineering (closed)
POSITION: Mechanical Engineer
Summary: This position performs Production Engineering Functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
1. Assist in continual improvement and problem solving through original thinking, brainstorming, problem definition, and implementation.
2. Support operations as required with a focus on increasing rates, maximizing yields, and reducing downtime.
3. Design and draw simple mechanical parts in AutoCAD.
4. Create and update engineering documents, P&ID, electrical drawings, tag sheets in Viso, Excel, Word, Access, & other applications as required.
5. Complete and update engineering changes regarding tasks and inventory on new equipment and improvements in reference to preventative maintenance.
6. Monitor processes and equipment for improving equipment operation and efficiencies.
7. Investigate and prepare reports on projects.
8. Assist in Electrical Technician duties in regards to wiring, diagnosing controls, and replacements of parts.
9. Perform equipment start-ups.
10. Assist in monitoring and fine-tuning the PLC software.
11. Support the maintenance function through training, development of improved
parts and procedures, improvement of preventative maintenance tasks and
training, using the Maintenance Software (MP2).
12. Follow all company safety rules while performing job duties.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
BS in Mechanical Engineering. 3-5 years experience preferred.