Developer/Application Architect (closed)
We are currently searching for a Developer/Application Architect with the following skills & experience:
The ideal candidate will have prior experience integrating 3rd party business
applications in a Financial Services environment including CRM, Front Office Trading
and Analytics, Accounting, Investor Relations and Fund Raising.
Hands on experience supporting one or more of the following vendor applications or
similar vendor applications is a plus: Sage Sales Logix (CRM), Microsoft Solomon
(Accounting), SS&C The Next Round (Investor Relations, Partnership Accounting),
Markit Wall Street Office (Portfolio Management), Blackmountain Everest (Trade
Order Management, Analytics), Dynamics CRM, Dynamics, NAV.
Bachelor?s Degree in Computer Science and 7+ years of experience.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate recent hands leadership for application
design, along with development experience and in depth knowledge of Microsoft
development technologies including SQL Server, .net, Sharepoint, SSRS, SSIS, etc.
The primary responsibilities of this position include the identification, design, and hands
on implementation of in-house developed applications, customizations, and/or
integration and reconciliation processes to support the business, with a focus on data
integration and reporting. This position will be the technical lead for the design of
technology solutions that will enhance the existing vendor application suite.
Responsibilities also include the establishment of a development platform and
associated standards that will be the foundation for future development, meeting all
compliance requirements and providing the tools for streamlined, quality deliverables.
The candidate will be most successful in this role if he or she has a blend of very strong
technical skills combined with an inquisitive nature, business analysis and project
management skills to generate ideas to move the technology platform to the next level
and deliver exceptional service and solutions to our business clients. The following
outlines the responsibilities in more detail:
· Leverage prior experience to ensure that our development platform has the
proper controls to support development, all types of testing, and production
implementation with a low rate of errors or rework.
· Generate innovative ideas to leverage our existing technology platform to design
and develop in-house, value add programs to ensure we are getting the most
value out of our technology investments.
· Focus on streamlining data integration between systems, and enabling the end
user to gain easy access to data for informed decision making.
· Design, develop and implement integrated solutions. This will require a
thorough understanding of the data architecture and the ability to develop
programs within the Microsoft/.net framework to interface data between
· Be well versed in database management and data modeling concepts.
· Ensure that proper application security is in place based on the users?
· Stay current with new technology in order to design and propose innovative
solutions that meet our clients? needs, ultimately reducing operating costs,
increasing revenue, or offering competitive advantage.
· Work closely with the business users to prototype new concepts, gain consensus,
and develop an incremental delivery plan to meet the overall project goals.
· Make crisp and convincing oral presentations to individuals or groups and facilitates
an open exchange of ideas.
· Understand and empathize with our client?s issues and requests, and present
solutions in an understandable, convincing, and organized manner.
· Demonstrate flexibility and respond appropriately to the expressed needs of people
internal and external to the organization; assess and balance the interests of a
variety of individuals; readily adjust priorities to respond to pressing and changing
· Anticipate potential problems or opportunities and recommend/influence new
solutions that are best suited for the firms application infrastructure based on
the overall company strategy and technology goals.
· Ensure projects are completed within budget and on schedule including determining
resource needs, time-frames, priorities and strategies to achieve the long and shortterm
goals of the organization.
Self-motivated, team oriented with excellent analytic and problem solving skills
Client oriented with excellent customer service skills; ability to work remotely
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Proactively stays current with technology to develop innovative solutions for the business