Bioinformactics Research Analyst (closed)
Every day, Kelly Scientific Resources (KSR) connects scientific professionals with opportunities to advance their careers.
We currently have an exciting direct placement opportunity for a Bioinformatics Research Analyst. The position will be based in either Princeton, NJ or Los Angeles, CA.
The Bioinformatics Research Analyst will contribute research projects by providing scientific analysis of the molecular and Omics data generated by those projects using a variety of bioinformatics techniques and software applications.
- Generating, annotating, and analyzing Omic data and preparing the data for further research or publication.
- Working with the Biostatistician, the Research Analysis will provide interpretative analysis of omics data sets within the biological context of Huntington's Disease and neurodegeneration. They will work collaboratively with the Systems Biology Computational Modelers to design and develop detailed systems models of HD.
- They will contribute to all Systems Biology projects by participating in the initial design of experiments, and will collaborate with Biostatisticians to provide rigorous scientific analysis of the data generated by those projects using a variety of bioinformatics techniques and software applications.
- This will involve data mining and analysis, literature analysis, pathway analysis, data synthesis and data interpretation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the integration and analysis of preclinical and clinical omics data within the biological and disease context to enable the development of systems models for HD.
- Collaborate with Biostatistician to ensure the integrity and focus on analytical pipelines.
- Research analysis of algorithms to integrate profiling data with other types of data for biological analysis, biomarker and target discovery.
- Work with various teams as an expert to support translation programs.
- Working with the Director of Bioinformatics, participates in the design, development, and implementation of an innovative and responsive bioinformatics data environment, including data management, data delivery and tools to support high-throughput data analysis and scientific workflows.
- Evaluates and provides recommendations on 3rd party bioinformatics tools.
- Represent Systems Biology on internal and collaborative matrix teams.
- Coordinates bioinformatics efforts with partners, vendors and academics, and oversees bioinformatics components of research and development agreements across the company.
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Molecular Genetics, or a related computational discipline
- At least 10 years experience using bioinformatics and computational biology techniques to analyze omics, sequence, structure, literature and pathway data.
- Track record of delivering value through application of bioinformatics and computational biology techniques.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary, global team-oriented environment internally and externally with both academic and industrial organizations.
- Ability to work independently to reach organization's goals.
- Expertise with public and proprietary data resources and tools for literature, sequence, structure, pathway and omics analysis.
- Excellent scripting skills e.g. R, Perl, Python , and practical experience utilizing SQL to interrogate relational databases.
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Candidate will need to be highly organized with good time management skills to support multiple concurrent projects, with an ability to work well within a team.
- Experience with the analysis of clinical data.
- Experience with the integration of pre-clinical and clinical data in a research environment.
- Experience in HD or other neurodegenerative disorders.
For immediate consideration, please visit our website at www.kellyscientific.com and apply on-line.