Instructional Designer (closed)
Staff Senior Instructional Designer, eLearning; SQL/Java/BI pref'd, onsite San Francisco, CA (SID-259)
Job Code: SID-259
Cash/Prizes: Competitive salary, full benefits, pre-IPO stock options, bonus
Audience: Developers implementing open-source business intelligence (BI) systems
Location: Onsite in San Francisco
Duration: Full-time, 40 hrs/week, indefinite
Relocation/Visa assistance: No
Representation: Principals only, please
Our innovative open-source business intelligence (BI) startup client needs a technically astute staff Senior Instructional Designer to convert instructor-led training (ILT) to self-paced eLearning content, then augment and improve it to world-class standards.
This company develops a full-featured set of user-facing and infrastructure components, both on-premise and cloud-based, to analyze and act on corporate data. Their growth has created this new opportunity, in which you'll (1) collaborate with Development, Marketing, and QA to develop course specifications, (2) gather content for self-paced training modules and courses, learning guides, interactive live online training and live classroom training for administrators, developers, and development partners, and (3) ensure that all deliverables are ready at or near product launch.
You'll lead and project-manage instructional design and curriculum development activities, interface with customers, partners, and employees as a subject matter expert, and (for 10 percent of your time) conduct train-the-trainer and knowledge-transfer sessions. Also, expect to travel (domestically and internationally) up to 10 percent of the time.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, writes with finesse, appreciates the value of standards and consistency, is familiar with databases (SQL), Java, report design, and data warehousing concepts, has deployed or used business intelligence systems, and has worked at (or with products from) Business Objects, Hyperion, or MicroStrategy.
This will be full-time (40 hours/week) staff/salaried work onsite in San Francisco. Compensation will include generous base salary, full benefits, and pre-IPO stock options.
- Experience evaluating training needs and developing learning guides, self-paced training, and instructor-led training (ILT), including participant and instructor guides, slides, and hands-on labs/simulations
- Proven ability to build out interactive self-paced eLearning, ideally using Oracle's User Productivity Kit (UPK)
- Strong analytical, organizational, presentation, interpersonal, as well as oral and written communications, skills
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Desire to help build a world-class training organization
- Sharable, relevant instructional/courseware samples and reachable references
- Full-time availability
- Ability to work in San Francisco, CA (traveling at your own expense)
- Proficiency with MS Office, Camtasia (or Captivate), and Oracle's User Productivity Kit
- Strong technical understanding of relational databases (SQL), Java/J2EE, report design, data warehousing concepts, and data mart design
- Working knowledge of the open source community
- Track record of initiative and creative thinking that has resulted in program and process improvements
- Prior experience using, managing, or deploying business intelligence systems
- Strong focus on delivering quality customer service
- At least (five) 5 years' experience in instructional design or software training
- BS Degree in a technical or related field, or equivalent work experience
Please visit contentrules.com/apply, citing "SID-259" in the Job Code field.
Note: Content Rules has many content-development opportunities with SF Bay Area technology companies. Visit www.contentrules.com/jobs for details.