Plant Controller CPA (closed)
Our client, a nationwide provider of value added industrial processing and management services, has an excellent opportunity for a Plant Controller who will report to the Corporate CFO. This is a regional position covering multiple facilities in Texas and Oklahoma. Occasional travel may be required.
- Analysis of monthly income and expenses
- Perform analysis of manufacturing costs and variances
- Ensure accuracy of plant production reporting
- Preparation of monthly forecast
- Month-end and year-end close activities for multiple plants, journal entries, expense accruals and bank reconciliations.
- Consolidating and intercompany adjustments and entries
- Preparation of financial statements
- Assist in the preparation of annual plant and capital budgets
- Coordinate annual physical inventory
- Oversee on-going cycle counts
- Ensure compliance with relevant policies and procedures and Sarbanes-Oxley
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- An MBA and/or CPA/CMA is a plus.
- Minimum of five+ years of accounting related work experience, including cost accounting is required.
- Experience in an industrial manufacturing setting required.
- Variance analysis, internal controls, account reconciliation and budgeting experience is needed.
- A strong grasp of standard cost development, absorption and cost analysis is a must.
- Cost accounting experience with a mid to high end ERP system is needed.
- Solid PC skills including Excel is required.
- Supervisory experience is a plus.
Company offers very competitive salary, annual bonus potential and excellent benefits.