Business Development and Marketing Director (closed)
My client is a dynamic and rapidly expanding group, undertaking large-scale projects and providing consultancy and scientific services relating to the impact of pharmaceuticals, devices and medicines on the populations' health and health systems in Europe and North America. With world-class capabilities in population health research, outcomes research and market access consultancy services, they provide an invaluable resource for the pharmaceutical industry whilst providing objective assessments of the public health benefits of new medicines.
We are looking for a Business Development and Marketing Director to join their team of highly skilled scientists, consultants and operational managers.
The role will encompass sales and business development activities aimed at pharmaceutical groups, governmental and non-governmental organisations and all marketing activities, , ranging from strategic plans to marketing operational tasks and internal/external communication management aimed at developing/branding the group's image of excellence.
The successful candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry, posses a strong network within the industry and an aptitude and expertise in competitively pricing and marketing our projects and consultancy services.
You will work on the development of relations with potential clients, managing Business Development Associates and working closely with the Head of Consultancy, the CEO and the Scientific Directors in London and other North American and European Offices.
· Manage the development of the commercial strategy of the group.
· Establish relations with potential clients, in Europe and the UK (and North America tbc)
· Client and event presentations · Participate in the formulation of tender applications for projects (bids)
· Budgeting, management of project costs and negotiation of contracts
· Develop new communication tools and marketing channels
· Determine, select and apply the group's strategy leading to successful participation in specific scientific and pharmaceutical industry events
· Lead the team of Business Development Managers and Associates
· Background in HEOR and Market Access Consultancy
. Experience in pharmacoepidemiology and Phase IV/Post Marketing would be highly desirable
· Degree in business administration or marketing from a leading business school
· Solid experience of sales/marketing in health/consultancy/pharmaceutical industry (including CROs)