Junior VoIP Technician (closed)
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) is a leading provider of mission-critical wireless data solutions to government customers, public safety, and carriers.
TCS produces wireless data communications technology solutions that require proven high levels of reliability. TCS' wireless data offerings include secure deployable communication systems and engineered satellite-based services; location-based wireless and VoIP Enhanced 9-1-1 services; messaging and location service infrastructure for wireless operators; and commercial location applications, like traffic and navigation, using the precise location of a wireless device.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc., headquartered in Annapolis, MD, is immediately seeking VoIP Technicians.
- Installs and tests the installation of Cisco VoIP telephones at user locations.
- Performs CAT-5 cabling connections from workstations, IP telephones, and wall jacks;
- Assists supervisory personnel with maintenance and troubleshooting of issues related to the VoIP solution.
- Assists users with physical connectivity issues related to the IP Phones and workstations.
- Performs related work as required;
- Set up, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot connectivity (limited)
- Interface with agency heads.
- 1-2 years’ experience with Cisco Unified Communication products.
- Knowledge of computer hardware, network adapters and Category -5 (CAT-5) cabling.
- Knowledge of networking concepts and operating systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot computer problems, including problems with network communications.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills including strong verbal, written and listening skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Strong written, oral communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- A minimum of graduation from an accredited High School or possession of GED certificate. Completion of a certification program at a recognized college or technical institute in computer information systems or in computer repair and two years of experience in microcomputer installation and maintenance and microcomputer software installation and configuration desired.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.