Crude Oil Pipeline Technician (closed)
Assumes the responsibility of operating natural crude oil pipelines and associated equipment including but not limited to reciprocating natural gas compressors, dehydrators, fluid separating equipment, valves, gas/liquid measurement equipment, etc. Operating the equipment and system may include, but is not limited to:
o Start-up/shutdown of equipment
o Adjusting controls to bring equipment into recommended or prescribed operating ranges
o Visually inspecting equipment and controls at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment, or lubrication
o De-pressuring equipment and pipelines
o Purging/pressurizing equipment and pipelines
o Performing pipeline patrols
o Performing gas leakage surveys
o Locating and marking underground pipelines
o Operating valves
· Implements safe work practices and a proactive safety culture while ensuring safety for the employee, the public, and the environment at all times.
· Ensures regulatory compliance and record keeping requirements are met and continually monitored. The regulations include but are not limited to the Department of Transportation, Railroad Commission, and Operator Qualification Plans.
· Reads, monitors, and records various conditions such as pressures, temperatures, hours of operation, fuel consumed, water levels, and monitors gauges.
· Performs minor maintenance on equipment including but not limited to reciprocating natural gas compressors, dehydrators, fluid separating equipment, valves, etc. Performing minor maintenance on the equipment and system may include, but is not limited to:
o Monitoring and removing and replacing filters, oil, chemicals, and other lubricating fluids as needed
o Remove and replace gaskets as needed
o Remove and replace valves if necessary
o Install plugs as necessary
o Change gauges
o Maintain sites in clean condition including picking up trash, taking out trash, controlling weeds, minor painting, etc.
o Clean out sight glasses as necessary
o Change out suction/discharge valves on compressors
o Change out light bulbs or fuses
· Continually meeting the demands and improving upon the needs of our customers.