Senior Project Manager or Project Manager – Health (closed)
To apply please click here http://turnerandtownsend.turborecruit.com.au/job/job_details.cfm?id=748564&from=direct
Senior Project Manager or Project Manager – Health
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
Turner & Townsend is one of the leading consultancy providers to the health sector. Using our skills, processes and knowledge we provide industry leading services to our clients. Our Project Managers and Senior Project Managers will;
- lead Project Management Commissions, taking responsibility for end to end service delivery, often with respect to large or complex projects
- support or act as the key, day to day client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met and those projects are delivered to time and cost targets and the appropriate quality standards
Senior Project Managers and Project Managers handle commissions of varying sizes, depending upon the complexity of the project, etc. Typically, projects fall within the £1m to £25m range.
- depending on role advising at a strategic level at the project conception stage, including providing advice on the different approaches that can be adopted in order to successfully achieve the client’s overall objectives
- leading or helping to establish the overall success criteria for the project, including time, cost, technical and performance parameters
- identifying, planning and ensuring that the appropriate line manager is aware of quality, safety, health and environment issues
- establishing effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilised throughout project
- project planning, including producing the detailed project plan
- advising upon the procurement of resources
- leading and facilitating the overall cross-functional project team
- monitoring and applying performance management techniques
- managing the change control process
- monitoring and advising upon project finances
- managing the flow of project information between the team and the client, through regular meetings and written communications
- preparing formal project progress and other reports
- taking a leading role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- graduate calibre
- ideally professionally qualified in one of the following fields: construction, project management, engineering, surveying, architecture
KEY EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- thorough understanding of the total project life cycle, from dealing with strategic issues at conception stage, through all of the operational stages to completion and post-project review
- a broad understanding of the characteristics of projects, over a significant portion of the project life cycle
- good working knowledge of all of the main project management concepts, tools and techniques
- experience of leading project management commissions for small to medium sized general construction projects of low to medium complexity, or at least sufficient related experience to enable a step up to performing a lead project manager role
- excellent knowledge of construction industry technical matters, such as different procurement routes, value management and value engineering
- senior Project Managers will have People management experience, particularly in the context of managing a team delivering a project with experience of managing the financial aspects of a project
- business development experience, including developing business with existing and new clients and cross-selling
- good knowledge and experience gained within a specific sector
TURNER & TOWNSEND:
Turner & Townsend is a global professional services provider that supports organisations that invest in, own and operate assets.
Working from 70 offices in 30 countries, we are making the difference to projects across the property, infrastructure and natural resources sectors worldwide. We help organisations succeed by managing risk while maximising value and performance during the construction and operation of their assets.
Turner & Townsend is one of the UK’s leading professional services providers to businesses that invest in, own and operate assets in the public and private sectors. Our 1,200 strong team helps organisations deliver maximum value from their assets.
With 13 offices across England, Scotland and Northern Ireland, we support both public and private organisations, on the country’s biggest and most complex programmes and projects.
As well as helping organisations deliver and integrate new assets as quickly and efficiently as possible, we help set the asset strategies that support their corporate objectives. We also work with our clients to create safe and comfortable environments which are inexpensive to maintain, sustainable and practical to conduct business from.
We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.