Embedded 3D Graphics Engineer (closed)
Calling all embedded software engineers with proven experience working with system-level OS graphics and multimedia frameworks. The role is to develop and integrate drivers for GPUs for various embedded operating systems such as Android. You will be based in Cambridge and will work closely with the multi-disciplined engineering teams in other European design centers to develop graphics drivers for graphics cores.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Expert knowledge of the graphics and multimedia framework of at least one embedded operating system.
- Expert knowledge of C/C++
- Proficiency in problem solving and debugging skills.
- Good knowledge of full Software life-cycle including specification design, test and documentation
- Experience of software optimization and instrumentation.
- Motivated, result-focused engineer who is able to work well in a team, or independently
- Good English communication skills, oral and written.
- Experience with Linux development environment
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience of Android's SurfaceFlinger & StageFright frameworks
- Experience of Linux/X11, DRI2, GStreamer and related technologies
- Experience in 2D/3D graphics technology and standards such as OpenGL, OpenGL ES, OpenVG, M3G, Direct3D Mobile, DirectX and EGL. Knowledge of EGL would be of particular advantage.
- Experience working with modern, shader-based graphics processors or other media accelerator hardware
- Knowledge of embedded operating systems such as embedded Linux or Android
- Experience of Agile software development methodologies, such as SCRUM
- Experience in large, multi-site software development projects
- Ability to travel within Europe