Data Center Team Lead / Supervisor (closed)
Team Lead - Data Center (Birmingham, AL) Req# 1201481
The Data Center Team Lead provides day to day operations and works closely with 2nd and 3rd level support to ensure all processes are monitored, complete, and stable. Provide continuous communication with manager concerning staff and shift statuses.
- Provides team training, coaching, and issue resolution
Can serve as the active manager during absences
Responsible for the day to day activities of the Data Center while on duty including preventative maintenance
Ensure SLA and OLA are met, reporting trends, and understands and produces KPIs
Assign “off-shift” projects
Prioritize requests communicating with level 2 & 3 support
Monitor incident queue and assign tickets to team
Determines cause of system problems and corrects system issues under the guidance of senior level staff
Coordinate monthly, quarterly and yearly updates and release upgrades
Update procedural documentation on updates quarterly
Prepare staff schedules for holidays, vacations, and other duties assigned.
Rotation on-call support
- Associate’s Degree, Bachelor's degree preferred or applicable professional experience can be substituted.
- 6 years or more experience working in a Data Center Operations with experience troubleshooting IT infrastructure, monitoring, troubleshooting, system/application activity trending with main frame technology.
- 2 years or more experience working in a leadership role or supervisor position leading a technical team.
- Experience working with Window Servers, Linux/Unix Servers, Monitoring tools, SAN products and/or similar products.
- Strong communications and Analytical skills