Retail Loan Officer
Are you currently a Mortgage Originator looking for a great company to finally call home? New Penn Financial offers you products, pricing, leadership support, positive attitude and aggressive underwriting that will support your desire to grow your business. New Penn Financial is a national "direct" lender that is currently expanding with multiple offices across Texas. New Penn Financial may just be that new home away from home you are seeking to achieve your personal and professional goals.
Job Description for Retail Loan Officer:
- Present mortgage products offered by New Penn Financial, LLC as solutions for potential borrowers
- Contact prospective clients to develop and maintain referral sources.
- Meet weekly with established professional partners and centers of influence.
- Complete regular in-person visits on real estate agents, financial advisors and other potential referral sources to develop a cyclical referral network.
- Engage in marketing and promotional activities in support of your own business.
- Obtain mortgage loan applications and prepare effective loan proposals:
- Determine a consumer’s needs and offer the appropriate products that best fit their needs
- Originate loans for appropriate amounts, rates, and terms that comply with NPF’s program guidelines
- Provide consumers with a superior level of customer service:
- Quickly and accurately answer all customer inquiries in a professional manner.
- Obtain all information deemed necessary to process loan requests in a timely manner, including but not limited to credit reports, income verification, appraisals, lien searches, etc.
- Analyze the information and provide insight where appropriate.
- Provide assistance to applicants and solve all problems that may arise between application and settlement
- Stay informed of developing trends in the mortgage industry
- Attend/assist with scheduled meetings, training sessions and courses
- Maintain compliance with all industry-specific federal and state licensed activity requirements and New Penn Financial’ s Code of Conduct
- Must qualify for and obtain state licensure in the state of Texas or currently hold a Texas License; mortgage licensure requires a good credit score, no tax liens and a clean criminal background check
- Minimum successful 2 years mortgage loan origination experience in a retail environment
- 2 year college degree preferred (or equivalent experience)
- Proven sales skills and leadership abilities
- Ability to quickly connect with people in an outgoing, friendly manner
- Persuasive, selling communication skills
- Strong sense of responsibility for completing work quickly and accurately
- Ability to handle faster-than-average pace of activities
- Detail-orientation with efficient focus on work activities
- Careful decision-making skill with ability to avoid mistakes
- Ability to delegate in a positive style with thorough follow up skills
- Excellent oral, written, listening, and organizational skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work independently