Java Engineer -- Mobile
Are you considered the Java expert, the go-to-person for any server-side Java-related questions? Are you called upon colleagues, old friends and managers to solve coding issues? Do you have a passion for mobile programming? Do you have passion for coding that drives you to develop even when you're not at work?
If so, then eBay is the place for you! We're looking for OOA/D super-stars to help us develop new and innovative mobile platforms. One of our most respected teams, the Mobile Platform team, is looking for a Principal Software Engineer with a passion for providing innovative and scalable solutions for business applications, building infrastructure and middle tier services, and creating solutions for mobile teams by leveraging platform services.
- Write server-side code (SOA services) for mobile & web-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly. One should also have a strong understanding of, and practical experience with, Java web application development.
- Build our platforms and systems infrastructure using your strong background in distributed systems, OS/kernel, network system design, and large scale database systems.
- Research, analyze , design, develop and test the solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies
- Participate in design discussions, code reviews and project related team meetings.
- Work with other engineers, Architecture, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development principles and product goals.
- Develop technical & domain expertise and apply to solving product challenges
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in Java, SOA services, Design Patterns, OO concepts, Data structures, XML, Web technologies and internet protocols.
- Experience in Database driven application development (prefer Oracle), SQL and schema design.
- Familiarity in XML Schemas, HTML, AJAX, SOA services, WSDL, Mobile technologies, etc.
- Working knowledge of Windows and UNIX development environment and associated tools like source code management, bug tracking etc.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Extensive programming experience in Java, Experience in other languages such as C/C++, Perl, etc is a plus.
- Experience with agile development methodologies such as Test Driven Development (TDD) is a plus.
- Strong software design, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in mobile platform (handling Media and Location based information) is a plus