Web Marketing Analyst-Web Analytics
We are looking for someone with Omniture tagging and testing experience (including Mobile) as well as general Web Analytic experience. We also use Quantivo and Google Analytics so those would be nice as well.
Reporting to the Assoc. Manager, Digital Insight, the Web Marketing Analyst will create actionable reporting and analysis for internal new media product and marketing teams. Responsibilities include evaluating and assisting in the development of online marketing campaigns, supporting product planning and performance through ad hoc and scheduled reporting, producing standard reports and dashboards for the sales and executive teams, and contributing to the improvement of existing online analytics.
1. Provide or assist with providing ongoing tracking and insightful analysis of web usage data to support business decisions that will lead to a better user experience and improve the ROI of our marketing and product development efforts
o Gather data and design reports for dissemination to various levels of management
o Utilize databases, search engine tools, internet audience measurement tools, web analytics software, and other information sources to perform analysis
2. Produce & understand site usage reports to support the sales team and our advertisers
3. Work with vendors and internal technology team to ensure data is being collected properly, including developing tag plans to accomplish this task.
1. Assist in measurement of interactive marketing efforts including but not limited to, paid and organic search marketing, paid inclusion, display media, rich media, video, mobile, social media, email, online contests, and word-of-mouth marketing
o Work collaboratively with the internal team members and agency partners to optimize interactive marketing campaigns against defined objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
2. Contribute to the building of various profitability, retention, customer segmentation, and ROI models as appropriate
3. Support strategic research initiatives such as customer research and usage analysis
4. Partner with internal marketing, product, and technology teams to
o Validate data quality and integrity
o Ensure reporting and analysis is integrated into media planning, product development, and release schedules
o Provide understanding of reporting/data
What knowledge, skills, and abilities are necessary to perform this job competently? Be specific. Include knowledge of equipment and knowledge of procedures that are needed.
A passion for data and finding answers in information.
Strong business acumen with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Self motivated, energetic multi-tasker with superior attention to detail.
Experience creating reporting for online activity is preferred but not required.
Experience with web analysis tools (such as Omniture, WebTrends, Google Analytics, etc.) is preferred
Must be able to work well in a team environment.
Describe the nature of the most typical challenge this position will entail.
The candidate will need to gain an understanding of user behavior (traffic, interaction with content, key conversion events) through analysis of data collected from our the site and various other internal systems.