I TECH is a rapidly growing company that provides personnel services and business solutions to our Clients throughout the City of Jacksonville. We specialize in recruitment, placement and management of skilled and talented individuals in the fields of technical/professional, administrative/clerical, light industrial and skilled trades. Our Clients turn to us to provide them the best people for temporary, temporary-to-permanent and/or direct placement in order for them to keep their Companies operating at an optimal performance.
Currently, one of our valued Clients is looking for Facilities Mechanic. The Client is in the transportation industry. The ideal Candidate for this position is someone with previous experience installing, operating, maintaining, and repairing mechanical equipment and instruments, as necessary. HVAC experience and certification is required.
- · Performs Building Maintenance Operations
- · Ensures that hourly equipment readings are entered in the log, and signs all logs, upon being relieved at the end of the shift.
- · Diagnoses, services, and repairs rest room equipment, such as lavatories, water closets, urinals, water heaters, automatic flusher, valves, faucets, water pipes, and fittings.
- · Documents and inputs data and other information required to maintain all P.M. sheets, service reports, work orders, and log books.
- · Drains air compressors and checks air conditioning controls, as assigned.
- · Works under, and helps monitor, strict regulations at all times. Inspects security gates and doors to prevent unauthorized entry into restricted areas.
- · Provides housekeeping tasks in all work areas used during shift.
- · Performs pre-scheduled preventive maintenance of all operating equipment, inspections, adjustments, lubrication, alignments, and other necessary repairs.
- · Maintains an inventory of chemicals, filters, light bulbs, and spare parts.
- · Maintains all chillers and related components, such as pumps, controls, air-handling equipment, water towers, etc.
- · Provides for the taking of chemical tests, including the addition of chemicals.
- · Performs assignments set forth in the shift assignment book.
- · Communicates operational information and directions to the relieving shift Technician.
- · Provides for the painting of equipment and spaces in assigned area.
- · Installs, repairs, and maintains the building’s floor tile, ceiling tile, and dry wall.
- · Maintains HVAC equipment at various locations.
- · Operates flatbed truck, forklift, hi-lift tow motor, and gradall, as required.
- · Responds to and investigates fire alarms throughout the building.
- · Supervises the Building Maintenance Mechanic I position.
- · Patches and repairs roof leaks, as required.
- · Performs other jobs related duties, as assigned.
- · Must have a high School diploma or equivalent
- · Must possess a Journeyman Certification, or equivalent, and have at least four years’ experience in HVAC.
- · Must have knowledge of water systems, sanitary systems, and structure maintenance.
- · Must be familiar with electric, electronic, and pneumatic controls.
- · Must have knowledge of blueprint interpretation and the computerized work order system.
- · Must have good communication skills and be able to work in a team environment.
- · Must be able to carry heavy objects weighing 45 lbs. or more.
- · Must be able to reach, climb, walk, stand, kneel, bend, sit, crawl and stoop.
- · Must have a valid driver’s license.
- · Must be willing to submit to a drug and background screening.
Pay rate: Please submit requirement with resume.
Must be flexible and available to work any shift
Length of assignment: Contract
Go to our website www.itechpersonnel.com and apply by submitting your resume (preferably in Word format) to the job title indicated above or email your resume to email@example.com
*I-Tech is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Drug-Free workplace.