Senior Network Security Engineer
The Senior Network Security Engineer will be responsible for implementation and administration of network security hardware and software, enforcing the network security policy, and complying with requirements of external security audits and recommendations. This individual will also be responsible for collaboration with the Network Engineers on the implementation, maintenance, and integration of security into the Enterprise WAN and Local market LANs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
A representative summary of tasks to be performed by the incumbent is provided below. The incumbent may be asked to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically stated in this description. The duties and responsibilities of the position are to be carried out in a manner that is consistent with the mission, values and operating principles of Bon Secours, and in-line with the organization’s Code of Conduct.
• Performs analysis of network security needs and collaborate with the Security Policy and Compliance group to develop business requirements.
• Collaborate with Architecture Group and Enterprise Network Group to recommend solution to meet security needs/business requirements. This includes developing RFPs, vendor evaluations, industry research on trends, product demonstrations, pilot preferred solution, etc.
• Lead design, integration, installation of network security hardware and software.
• Provide for the on-going maintenance of network security hardware and software either personally or through the direction of other network security personnel.
• Train/develop less senior network security engineers on network security design and integration concepts.
• Serve as a 1st/2nd tier resource to analyze, troubleshoot, and correct network security problems remotely and on-site.
• Direct less senior network security engineers to maintain and administer perimeter security systems such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
• In conjunction with Security Policy and Compliance Group, modify and maintain network security policy as needed.
• Support the Security Policy & Compliance Group in monitoring and reporting on security system logs (i.e. intrusion detection system, firewall system logs, etc.). Remediate discovered anomalies or problems (i.e. insufficient disk space, inappropriate access patterns) on a weekly basis.
• Uses sniffers and other tools to troubleshoot and isolate network security problems.
• Keeps fully abreast of trends and changing technologies as they relate to IT and Network Security Engineering and Information Security fields. Engages in continuous process improvement.
• Performs other related duties as may be required.
• Troubleshoots Windows 2008/2003/2000 permission and other related issues
• Assists as required with network security assessments.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or other relevant field.
• Minimum of 5 to 7 years directly related work experience in network security administration engineering.
• Strong knowledge of information network security principles and practices.
• Working knowledge of Juniper SRX series desirable.
• Working knowledge of network WAN/LAN, prior professional experience with Cisco networks a plus.
• Strong analytical, reasoning, and organizational skills are essential.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills are essential.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with all levels of personnel both internally and externally; e.g. leadership, executives, clients, vendors, and agencies.
• Ability to work in and constructively contribute to team work environment and meet stringent deadlines.
• Ability to mentor less senior network security engineers.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Attention to detail and follow through including the ability to document work.
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information is essential.
• Experience with network tools like Solarwinds, HP Openview, syslog, CiscoWorks,