Business Development Executive - Mining (closed)
Business Development Executive - Mining role has the responsibility for the ongoing identification, development, and assessment of cross-brand business opportunities with key mining industry accounts, selected based on proactive market screening, targeting, and business analysis. They develop extensive executive and senior management relationships in client organizations. They identify and develop the most attractive opportunities (especially sole-source deals) for potential engagement. They work collaboratively with other teams across IBM and with other partners and outside consultants as appropriate They are responsible for the ongoing qualification of these opportunities and recommend whether to engage, disqualify, or refer opportunities to other IBM groups. They own the opportunity until formal sales engagement and facilitate the transition to an engagement team, and remain involved during the engagement phase, as appropriate. They report to GB Canada Services Executive. Primary Measurement: Revenue, Signings, Business development metric such as, pipeline of well-qualified business.
• Establish, maintain and develop business in GB Canada in the Mining industry segment. Grow overall revenue in the GB Canada business YTY
• Create relationships with Mining industry client executives and present IBM’s strategy, capabilities and position them for success in the marketplace. Support the Industry and customer direct teams across GB Canada. For example, establish C-Suite relationships with the top 5 mining industry clients in GB Canada.
• Focus on strategic accounts & respond opportunistically to customers that represent first movers or potential co-development partners for first of a kind innovative solutions to create projects valued in the $1M - $10M range. For example create opportunities associated with the build out of brand new potash mines in Saskatoon.
• Work with internal divisions within IBM to put together solutions that focus on solving customer problems. Also, able to work with partners to assemble “best of breed” solutions that materially impact customers business.
• Work collaboratively with IBM’s Global Natural Resource Industry Center of Excellence (COEs) and global solution centers to leverage available industry content and contribute new content that supports the Mining strategy and direction. For example, leveraging our IBM’s Australia COE, engage our global resources to drive a partnership
• Drive focus on closing local reference priorities with an emphasis on high quality, externally approved content and exhibiting behavior which reinforces reference leadership and delivering client value as core sales/delivery.
• Execute the Strategic Sales Model to improve Sales Resource coverage, alignment, and deployment to capture growth. Improve sales force skill level and leadership capabilities to support both products and solutions growth.
• Continue to grow and develop the global organization’s capabilities and necessary behavioral and technical competencies to institutionalize a continuous improvement culture that is also capable of creative step change response to business and market demands
• Continuously, support a Series of Industry Growth Initiatives, and Expand and Drive Our Asset and Mining-based Solution Portfolio into the Marketplace. Continue to build out cross-industry solutions capabilities, train and teach others.
• Execute an Industry Communications Plan that enhances the market knowledge and opinion of IBM’s offerings, capabilities and focus on industry.
In today's networked world, IBM maintains a strong and unique presence in Canada, making important contributions to this country's economy, technology leadership and the communities where we live and work. IBM is one of the largest technology, services and consulting organizations in Canada. We help clients of all sizes and in all industries transform their operations through the use of technology, infusing intelligence into the systems that run our businesses, our society and the world. This intelligence makes it possible to harness the vast amount of data created by the trillions of connected devices in today's world, and turn it into knowledge that can be used to anticipate, forecast and even predict changes in our systems. This is the vision behind IBM's Smarter Planet strategy.