Software Test Developer- Leading software house (closed)
Software Test Developer- Outstanding leading Software Technology Company
Key words- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, test, developer, software, oil, gas, technology, development, C#, project, testing
An innovative, independent software company in Cambridgeshire, who provide industry- leading technology for the oil, gas and petrochemical sectors have ambitious growth plans, and are therefore looking for an extremely capable software test developer to join the team. Due to winning a large contract, the company is looking to double in size over the next year.
The company work with all the oil majors, providing easy-to use powerful software for crude oil selection and refinery modeling. The company’s clients rely heavily on the software, through interactive desktop and web interfaces, or integrated into their other tools and processes.
The testing team is responsible for ensuring the quality of company tools, across all clients and interfaces, ranging from working as an integrated part of our agile development teams through to formal end-product testing.
As the company grows, they are looking for outstanding graduate-caliber candidates, with a strong interest in software testing and development to be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining test automation and test suits. Successful candidates will have a strong engineering, scientific or mathematical background and excellent communication skills.
- 2+ years recent experience of C# programming as part of a significant team development project
- 1+ years recent experience of software testing as part of a significant team development project
- Recent experience of testing and/ or developing applications based on Microsoft technologies
- Recent experience of using unit testing libraries
- Experience of writing black-box, system and UI test cases and designing tests to mitigate risks
- Experience/ understanding of role of testing in quality-focused agile development projects
- Strong engineering, scientific or mathematical background
- Desirable Experience includes TFS and Microsoft Test manager, collaboration with business and domain experts, exposure to load/ scaling testing techniques, experience using SQL server
This is a genuinely outstanding opportunity for an excellent candidate. Beyond the competitive salary on offer, benefits include opportunities for shares in the company, corporate health and dental cover, and a friendly and comfortable working environment.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for this and further opportunities.