Senior Associates Director of Laboratory Services (closed)
Directs and controls the efficient operations of one of the major clinical laboratory departments (Chemistry, Microbiology or Cellular Pathology) with its associated multiple scientific disciplines. Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Directs the daily operations of major clinical laboratory department.
- Directs and coordinates research and development projects for region-wide and inter-regional laboratories to ensure leading edge technology to improve medical practice, quality and costs.
- Develops feasibility assessment and business case justification for new tests and product lines.
- Prepares and monitors departmental budgets using cost and managerial accounting principles.
- Negotiates contracts with vendors and customers.
- Develops pricing strategy for new business ventures and clients.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, trains, evaluates, counsels, motivates, disciplines, and terminates staff.
- Ensures technical expertise and staff competency; minimizes work related injuries.
- Directs departmental Total Quality Management.
- Participates in the design of an integrated laboratory quality system.
- Follows regulatory and accreditation agencies' rules and regulations.
- Designs effective risk control processes.
- Develops strategic plans for the integrated laboratory system that reduces the overall cost of medical care.
- Develops marketing strategy for new products and new clients.
- Manages diverse projects in a matrix organizational structure that have regional and program impact.
- Analyzes space, personnel and instrument capacity to support ongoing operations and new test development.
- Supports short and long term facility planning.
- Provides consultation to clinicians, other providers, and the laboratory community on technical issues, patient care management, and test interpretation/selection.
- Interfaces with facilities and regions through inter-facility and inter-regional task forces.
- Identifies others' best practices.
- Participates in presentations/publications to scientific community, clinicians, and other clients.
- Technical and business analysis using quantitative as well as scientific and economic methods in the context of patient decision models.
- Master's degree in Clinical Laboratory Science or related field required.
- Master's degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration, Public Administration or managerial/business related course work preferred.
- Ten (10) years of experience in a high volume clinical laboratory.
- Five (5) years of experience in a supervisory/ managerial position required.
- Publishing experience as lead author preferred.
- Knowledge of federal, state, local, and accreditation agency regulations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment
For additional opportunities, please visit our website: http://www.pride-healthcare.com
Please fax or email resumes to:
Manager of Healthcare Recruitment
420 Lexington Avenue, Suite 2220
New York, NY 10170
212.235.5365 - direct
212.235.5350 - main
212.599.3427 - fax