As a Chef Manager, you will be responsible for managing the day to day food operations of this facility, handling all phases of food preparation, menu planning and development, operation planning and expenditures, sales revenue generation, budgeting, costing and maintaining proper inventory levels. You will be accountable for the overall financial success of this operation. You will handle unit hiring, employee training, staff scheduling, associate supervising, as well as addressing and resolving employee relation issues.
The position will ensure the unit has strict compliance of the Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations. You will ensure Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) standards are followed in the food preparation process.
Position: Chef / Chef Manager
Location: Cambridge, ON
- Compass Group Canada is growing again!
- We are actively searching for Chef and Chef Manager candidates for new business accounts in the Mississauga/Brampton area.
- This individual reports to and works with our Food Service Director and is responsible for the overall kitchen operations.
- This is a fantastic opportunity to step in to a culinary management role with real potential for career growth ample room for further growth and continued development.
- Involved in all phases of food preparation, some menu planning and development, maintaining proper inventory levels
- Ensure positive client relationships are maintained and client satisfaction with service and menu options
- Creativity with menus, knowledge of the newest trends / cutting edge cooking
- Follow all H & S policies and regulations as well as HACCP
- Oversee staff in their stations and maintain cleanliness of all stations and kitchen areas
- Ensure strict compliance with Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Programs, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations
- Coordinate frequent workplace inspections and WHMIS training of all staff and promptly report any workplace accident or incident to head office.
quired: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- a Great Attitude!
- Red Seal chef or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience in food service supervision/management
- Creative ability to apply current food trends and presentations to menus and food service operations
- Passionate about quality and customer service
- A motivator, coach, mentor and leader
- A very detail oriented individual and a strong team player
- Good client relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Red Seal certificate
- Advanced Food Safety Training
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY TO: