Digital Creative Director (closed)
The Digital Creative Director will advocate and inspire great ideas and work with the Design and Digital teams to develop those ideas into fully expressed design solutions. The Creative Director will have strong leadership and people skills and be able to produce results independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment. The Creative Director will be responsible for shaping all phases of the creative development and working cohesively with their peers in Strategy, Verbal Identity, Program Management, and Brand Management.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- To take creative leadership on assigned projects and client accounts
- To direct other team members to fulfill client needs toward world class brand solutions
- To manage and develop the digital creative interpretation of the strategic framework that reflects or instils a distinctive brand personality
- To make presentations internally and externally to senior level clients
- To develop strong relationships with clients, management and the client facing teams
- Work with interactive and motion designers to understand usability issues and is user-centered to meet client needs.
- To help ensure that deadlines and budgets are complete, accurate and followed
- Contribute to new business development by participating in pitches and presentations
- To provide clear and objective critiques of creative work
- To teach creative philosophy, values, and beliefs and effectively critique work and offer suggestions for improvement
- To be a mentor for Designers and Senior Designers
Skills and Experience:
- 10-15 years of relevant experience in digital and/or branding identity design; interactive agency experience
- Strong experience leading creative engagements for digital branding and marketing; experience could include creating large-scale web experiences, branding campaigns and initiatives.
- Experience managing/leading creative teams and client projects
- A deep understanding of information architecture, usability, and experience design.
- A working knowledge of current motion design and editorial programs (Adobe CS5, Cinema 4D, Final Cut Studio, etc.)
- Passion for innovative digital ideas
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of production and post-production process
- Exceptional creative talent (in the areas of brand identity in all mediums)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a detailed-oriented problem solver
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- BA in design, communications, interactive or arts degree or equivalent years of experience worked
Interbrand started in 1974 when the world still thought of brands as just another word for logo. Over its 30+ years, Interbrand has changed the dialogue, defined the meaning of brand management, and continues to lead the debate on understanding brands as valuable business assets.
Today, Interbrand is amongst the largest brand consultancies and has grown to include 36 offices in 25 countries. A diverse range of insightful thinkers brings together the combination of rigorous strategy and analytics with world-class design creativity to help its clients create and manage brand value in all market dynamics.
It is widely respected for its annual study, The Best Global Brands, creating a broader platform for the discussion on brands in the Webby-award winning brandchannel.com, and numerous industry honors for its client work.