Blackberry Administrator/Sr. Wireless Administrator (closed)
This contract position will provide advanced administration and technical support for the BlackBerry infrastructure in support of the primary objectives for remote e-mail operational support and business continuity. This position will undertake complex projects requiring specialized technical knowledge, including the migration of the BlackBerry users from the IBM/Lotus email and collaboration platform to the Microsoft-based collaboration suite. This position will also require coordination with users to determine requirements, assists with ensuring system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related major, or a strong combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates required skills and capabilities.
- Advanced degree preferred
- BlackBerry Certified Systems Administrator certification is preferred.
- Minimum 3-4 years of previous BlackBerry administration experience is required.
- Minimum 4-5 yrs experience with Windows Server 2003/2008, SQL Server 2005/2008, and IIS
- Occasional travel will be required
- Occasionally provide off-hours on-call support, in line with service level commitments.
- Demonstrated, exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Occasional travel within continental US
- Strong BlackBerry administration skills in Lotus Notes/Domino and/or Microsoft Outlook/Exchange email environments
- Working knowledge with BlackBerry Desktop Manager
- Working knowledge with various BlackBerry device models
- Working knowledge with administration tools to manage and monitor the server environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of clients and Information Technology management and staffs throughout the System is required
- Superior system documentation skills
- Strong project management experience specifically managing and completing concurrent projects
- Experience with large migrations from Lotus Notes to Exchange
- Working knowledge with e-mail security and virus scanning tools
- Working knowledge with Lotus Notes or Microsoft Outlook troubleshooting methodologies
- Knowledge of e-mail content filtering products is desirable
- Keep abreast of industry trends and development