Senior Engineer - Data Center Solutions (Hyper-V) (closed)
One of CXP's portfolio companies is experiencing rapid growth and are looking to hire a Senior Consultant who specializes in Hyper-V Datacenter / Private Cloud Solutions managed with System Center.
We are looking for the very best Data Center Solutions / Hyper-V experienced Consultants to join this elite team. This team is one of the most innovative and creative professionals in the business - their customers demand it - with the deepest technical skills and expertise gained through hands-on experience with enterprise scale deployments. And while their team has proven experience and expertise across the breadth of Microsoft core infrastructure technologies, each member represents a Point of Excellence in his/her own unique technical area of specialization.
The ideal candidate should exude passion and technical competence, backed up by a portfolio of successful technical services delivery in complex, challenging environments. He or she must be able to create a compelling image of the firm and its solutions for customers. The consultant must apply advanced analysis skills and experience to provide detailed, reliable solutions and estimates for service implementations. Strong leadership and the ability to professionally represent the firm in challenging customer environments is required. Also required are strong technical writing skills and the ability to effectively communicate with customer managers and executives on technical and business issues. Strong organizational, time management, project management and negotiation skills are necessary. Understanding of competitive technologies enables the Senior Consultant to properly assess feasibility of migrating customer solutions from, and/or integrating with customer solutions hosted on, non-Microsoft platforms.
Expert level knowledge required for assisting customers in architecting, planning, testing and deploying solutions including the following:
- Demonstrated consulting skills and excellence at presenting complex technical topics to both executive and technical personnel
- An ability to articulate architectural differences between solution methods and the challenges and approaches to integrating solutions built on different platforms including a working knowledge of different frameworks that may be used by our customers.
- Large datacenter enterprise deployment experience in complex heterogeneous environments.
- Deep knowledge and demonstrated success in Hyper-V, VMWare, ESX and/or Citrix XenServer solutions.
- Deep knowledge of System Center Virtual Machine Manager and System Center Operations Manager.
- Experience with System Center Configuration Manager, Service Manager, Data Protection Manager, or Opalis is also highly-desirable.
- A solid Windows Scripting background.
The ideal candidate will also possess the following qualifications:
- Experience with technical project management.
- Good working knowledge of these technical areas: Directory Services, Networking, PKI, automated management and scripting, Active Directory Federation Services, Internet Authentication Service (IAS), Remote Access, Active Directory Application Mode, ISA server or TMG/UAG, Network Access Protection
- Relevant MCITP and ITIL certifications required within 6 months of joining the team.
The successful candidate will have a BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience combined with a minimum of 6+ years relevant work experience. We are looking for experienced individuals located in the US to be a part of this exciting team; in particular, individuals located within close proximity to the Philadelphia based headquarters is preferred. Travel is an integral part of this position as are high levels of recognition and visibility. Travel can be as high as 50% or as demanded by the needs of our customers and our business.
- Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Travel Pay
- Major Medical and Dental
- Matching 401K
- Standard Paid Holiday Schedule
- Personal Paid Time-off
CXP, and CXP's portfolio companies are equal opportunity employers and offer comprehensive packages to employees.