Systems Engineer (closed)
The Systems Engineer is responsible for developing system designs and adaptations to the Xyratex NSS product family. The Systems Engineer will work closely with Field Engineers, test teams and customers during pre and post-release operations. This position will also provide level 3 technical support functions.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and debug customer issues.
- Provides report on results as required on issues allocated.
- Provides hypothesis on problems and provides test analysis and steps to root cause issues
- Builds collaborative relationships between multiple organizations.
- Interface with vendors and suppliers to clearly describe customer issues
- Interface with internal and external cross-functional teams to set and manage expectations for problem resolution
- Manage customer support issues as they are reported in the database until resolved
- Effectively combine technical expertise with customer service while working towards a resolution
- Identify root causes, and thoroughly document collection of data
- Build and sustain relationships with customers and vendors
- Responsible for reproducing customer reported issues and related log collection
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Clear understanding of server systems and externally attached disk drives
- Clear understanding of enclosure management and its interfaces
- Clear understanding of Intel-board-based server architectures
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals, and engineering specifications
- Demonstrated abilities to debug and lead investigations of issues to closure
- Customer relation skill capabilities
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering preferred
- 5-7 years experience in Intel (x86) based server environments