Sr. Consultant/Engineer (closed)
Coupling deep manufacturing and business process knowledge with an understanding of automation issues, the AspenTech professional services organization is distinctively qualified to help customers transform their business. With over 25 years of exclusive service to the process industries, we help over 1200 companies find significant economic benefits through the strategic application of automation and IT solutions. Our worldwide services organization has centuries of cumulative process industry experience spanning: oil and gas, petroleum, chemicals, specialty chemicals, pharmaceuticals and consumer products.
AspenTech is seeking an experienced Sr. Consultant/Engineer within our Professional Services organization based as part of the AspenTech operations in Houston Texas.
The position will provide expert level consulting to various clients implementing our proprietary software packages in the Advanced process Control (APC) area. Primary responsibility is for implementation of multivariable, model based control strategies in client facilities. Activities include:
- Working with client control room operators and process and instrument engineers to complete pretest work and plant response tests.
- Analysis of plant response test data to build empirical dynamic process models.
- Configuration and off-line tuning of multivariable controller parameters.
- Building and implementing on-line inferential quality models.
- Commissioning of the completed advanced control application
- Set up and execution of controller simulation for large scope problems
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant discipline. Preference is given to Chemical Engineering degree or advanced degree in a relevant area of concentration.
- 4+years of hands-on process experience is desired.
- Experience with the implementation or use of DMCplus or other commercial Multivariable Control applications is preferred, but not a strict requirement. DCS knowledge will be a definite advantage.
- Resourceful, independent, goal-driven, team player. Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Demonstrated high level of technical competence.
- Strong analytical skills, as well as technical writing and oral communication skills.
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% (calendar year). Travel may be domestic or international.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours if required by customer project requirements. Some work may be required on night shifts during plant testing and project commissioning.