Lead UI Engineer
Boston, MA -- Relocation Available
Rapid7 is one of the fastest growing software companies in the U.S. and was recently named "The Most Admired Start Up" by BBJ. We’re not only looking for the best and the brightest, but the most innovative and passionate people to join our team.
Rapid7 is the leading provider of unified vulnerability management solutions. Rapid7’s Nexpose and Metasploit products help organizations to improve their security posture by providing actionable insights into the real threats from vulnerabilities across their entire IT infrastructure. With more than 1,300 enterprises and government agencies as customers, Rapid7 delivers actionable intelligence about an organization's entire IT environment. Rapid7 offers the only integrated threat management solution that enables organizations to implement and maintain best practices and optimize their network security, web application security, database security and penetration testing strategies.
Rapid7 has been recognized with numerous industry accolades including Boston Globe’s Best Places to Work, Red Herring 100 Award, Inc. 500, Deloitte's Fast 500, Info Security Products Guide Tomorrow’s Technology Today Award, Network Products Guide Best Products and Services Award, Info Security Products Guide Global Product Excellence Customer Trust Award, and an SC Magazine Award Winner.
- Be a contributing member of a cross-functional scrum team in charge of delivering new features on a quarterly basis
- Ability to quickly take assignments and build functional prototypes for review with cross-functional team members
- Interact with product owners and customers to understand the requirements before building a new feature
- Interact with server-side developers and architects to deliver vertical slices of functionality
- Participate with scrum team to plan and commit to each iteration of work
- Drive towards delivery of those commitments throughout the iteration and raise risks early
- Build quality user interfaces using best practices in design and usability
- Participate in code reviews, test plan reviews, and doc reviews
- Be open to learning new technologies and new problem domains
Required Skills and Experience
- Working experience in a broad set of programming languages including Java, Ruby, C++Experience designing and building a 1.0 version of a product
- Demonstrated communication skills - written and oral
- Proven experience in problem-solving (including prototyping) with little supervision
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with product owners, customers, and stakeholders to build software that meets customer needs
- Security domain expertise a plus
- Java server-side experience a strong plus
- YUI, GWT, ExtJS or other toolkit experience a plus
Please apply via https://careers-rapid7.icims.com