Senior Geospatial Software Engineer (closed)
We are conducting a search for our client who is an industry leader in content management and library solutions and has developed geospatial products and services to global corporations and government (Intel/DOD) agencies for over 15 years.
Be part of a very highly visible client facing mission critical full lifecycle development contract with the NGA customer. The Senior Geospatial Software Engineer will lead the integration of several geospatial products and provide full life cycle software and system development in support of our clients geospatial software applications and system integration products and integration projects. As an experienced geospatial software engineer, this person will analyze and create solutions that parse and manipulate a variety of complex imagery and geospatial files. Additionally this engineer will contribute to the overall application design and implementation to include interaction with mapping tools and visualization components. This position offers an excellent opportunity for technical growth and learning.
- Analyze imagery and geospatial formats to create solutions that extract information and manipulate content. Apply domain expertise to design best solution and interfaces.
- Research and locate 3rd party software libraries, or design and implement solutions that parse, transform convert, clip specialt formats.
- Learn tools (e.g., FME, GDAL) and become an imagery and/or geospatial expert in support of products and contracts.
- Design software and systems, including requirements analysis, use case modeling, UML and participation in design meetings.
- Develop software for imaging and workflow utilities and projects using Java, C/C++, or scripting language(s).
- Research standards, i.e. file formats, products specifications, for application or requirements derivation.
- Develop software for PTFS’ JEE-based applications using current frameworks and tools, including all tiers of a multi-tiered system.
- Lead and mentor engineers in geospatial and imagery concepts, formats and tools.
- Assist with the technical portions of proposals. Assist with other sales and BD efforts.
- Work experience with one of the following companies it is a plus! Such as: CACI, Saic, Palantir, IBM, BAE, SRA International, Booz Allen Hamilton, Northrop Grumman, Praxis Engineering, KEYW, Lockheed, Raytheon, General Dynamics, CSC, Boeing, or Dell.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years of experience creating software applications.
- Knowledge of imagery and geospatial formats (NGA) and the existing tools used to manipulate
- Knowledge of geo and graphics concepts (raster, vector, CCS, et al).
- Knowledge and experience with multiple programming languages to include Java, C/C++, HTML, XML, OOA/OOD, and scripting languages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Active TS/SCI required
JOB EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
- JEE and associated frameworks.
- GoogleEarth, ESRi other mapping tools.
- Knowledge of digital archiving, search, image technologies and/or software development processes
- Knowledge and experience building workflow applications.
- Knowledge of application clustering and hardware deployment
- Rules engine experience
- Search engine experience
- NGA formats (NITF, raster, vector, and special)