Safety Manager (closed)
Safety Manager for Omaha NE and Seattle, WA.
We represent one of the most stable and fastest growing Fortune 200 manufacturing companies in the U.S. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 40-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers. Our client is environmentally friendly and is the nation’s largest recycler of scrap steel.
We are searching for a Safety Coordinator to join our client's growing team. Basic duties of the Safety Coordinator include leading the safety team, maintaining safety guidelines and promoting safety within the plant.
Mandatory Minimum Qualifications
Qualifications for the position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene or a related field
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations, industrial hygiene and testing, VPP and ISO 18001
- Willingness to obtain certification as an Emergency Medical Technician
- Strong understanding and commitment to safety, environmental, quality, cost, productivity and profitability and the role these play in obtaining company goals
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a self-motivated, task oriented, dynamic environment with tight deadlines
- Experience leading a safety team and promoting safety in a manufacturing environment
Keywords: safety coordinator, safety director, safety technician, OSHA, VPP, ISO 18001, industrial hygiene, safety, environmental health and safety, EMT, steel, manufacturing