Window System Engineer (closed)
Las Vegas, NV
The Windows Systems Engineer will play a technical leadership role in a 24x7, highly-available production environment. S/he must have a proven history of using administrative tools and automating routine administration tasks.
- 5+ years' overall experience as a System Administrator using a broad range of Microsoft technologies is a must. This is not a Junior or Entry Level Role.
- Ability to lead and manage system initiatives and new projects
- Experience working with Change Management to implement upgrades and new technologies
- Expert understanding of Microsoft operating systems, Active Directory & Domain architecture, NTFS permissions, WINS, DNS, OS security, and systems patching
- Expert understanding of and experience with IIS, Microsoft Exchange, and/or Microsoft SQL. Strong understanding of networking - routing, subnets, UDP, TCP, IP, & VLANs
- Strong scripting skills - PERL, batch, shell and/or VB
- Experience with SAN.
- Must have experience with defining or testing disaster recovery strategies
- Experience working in a multi-server environment is required with knowledge of Clustering technologies and strategies.