Senior Staff Accountant (closed)
POSITION TITLE: Senior Staff Accountant
Responsibilities for the Senior Accountant
Reviewing and ensuring the accuracy financial statements prepared by staff level accountants and making sure they are in compliance with GAAP and company accounting control policies/procedures. This person will have 3-4 direct reports. In charge of performance reviews and analyzing accuracy of financial reports.
Ideal Skills and Experience:
- Must have a minimum 2-4 years corporate accounting experience
- Major plus would be 2+ years in Public Accounting
- Experience working with G/L account reconciliation (High volume/Detailed transactions)
- Experience preparing reconciliation of balance sheets accounts, including intercompany and multi-location/site accounts.
- Heavy participation in monthly financial statement review to ensure accuracy of reporting and compliance with GAAP
- Strong Month-end close experience within a large corporation
- Strong Excel skills-pivot tables, lookups, if statements etc. Major plus would be (visual basic) macros knowledge.
- SAP experience is a major plus
Education: Must have Accounting Degree from top accounting school (e.g DePaul, Loyola, Northern IL, University of Illinois, Indiana University-Bloomington, Michigan State University, University of Notre Dame, Ohio State University)
Certification: CPA, Sitting for CPA or CPA eligible
Other: (examples of intangibles or other facts about the role/company not listed above)
- Someone who can speak with and collaborate with multiple units and department
- Someone with strong business acumen and high maturity level
- Someone whose career path expectations geared towards management
- Ability to not only analyze, but deliver and communicate the results of the analysis to both finance and non-finance professionals
- Works well within the team