Sr. Program Management Professional (closed)
The Alpha/Beta program is led by the Product Manager who is responsible for a cross functional team that works cohesively to achieve Alpha/Beta testing goals to provide Customer feedback on product value, usability and quality, and to provide Customer references. The Beta Coordinator assists the Product Managers in planning, recruiting, signing up customers, scheduling conference calls and demonstrations, and consolidating customer feedback.
The Beta Coordinator will build relationships with our top Customers to ensure that they have rewarding experiences from participating in Alpha/Beta testing, and that they want to continue partnering with us in the future to help drive our product quality, usability, and functionality. The Beta Coordinator will also work with Marketing to provide Customer References from the Beta Test Program.
The Beta Coordinator ensures that test objectives, testing timelines, and recruiting plans are developed early during project planning. The Beta Coordinator assists with Customer recruiting and works across all product teams to ensure that Customer solicitation is providing consistent and coordinated messaging. The Beta Coordinator expedites signoff approval of the Beta Agreement. The Beta Coordinator assists Product Managers by scheduling Customer conference calls, Alpha Demonstrations, Beta Kickoff Meetings, and Customer feedback calls. The Beta Coordinator will help collect, consolidate and distribute Customer feedback. The Beta Coordinator will build Customer relationships and act as the Customer advocate, to ensure that they are kept informed of testing plans and progress, and receive quick resolution to their issues.
- Work with Product Managers to help build an Alpha/Beta Recruitment Plan, including test objectives, a recruiting brochure to document the product value, a list of target customers, a testing timeline, and participation goals.
- Help solicit customers and setup conference calls for Product Managers to achieve recruiting goals.
- Coordinate Customer signup, including approval of Beta Agreements.
- Schedule and coordinate the Alpha Demonstrations.
- Work with Product Managers to develop Beta Test Procedures to assist and guide Customer testing activities.
- Schedule and coordinate Customer Kickoff Calls, and weekly feedback calls.
- Coordinate with Development Managers to report and fix Customer defects and resolve any testing issues.
- Help collect, consolidate, summarize, and distribute Customer Alpha/Beta test feedback.
- Provide relevant and timely reporting, metrics and analysis in a weekly update of the Alpha/Beta Project Dashboard.
- Establish and implement industry best practices for Alpha and Beta Test Programs.
- Coordinate Beta Retrospective Reviews to ensure continuous process improvement.
- Coordinate with Program Managers to identify risks and issues, and keep Customers informed about project schedule changes.
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science is preferred, but not required.
- 5+ years related experience in coordinating Customer Beta testing is preferred. Otherwise, comparable experience working with customers in a sales, services or support role is required.
- Expertise in working with Customers to understand and help resolve their technical issues.
- Demonstrated skills at building Customer relationships and serving as a Customer advocate.
- Experienced at planning and coordinating cross-functional teams, preferably in a software development organization.
- Excellent listening, communication, planning, and organizational skills.