Engineering Manager/Test manager – Newcastle - £35k+ (closed)
Engineering Manager/Test manager – Newcastle - £35k+
My Client is a leading manufacture of fire and security products based in the north east and are now experiencing a period of growth.
They are looking for a Engineering Manager To manage and develop the company’s Test Development and Specials Department, consisting of software, hardware, mechanical engineers and repair technicians. Responsible for the development and implementation of the electronic assembly and test capability.
Specific objectives include:
- The development and implementation of new test systems
- Process development and implementation
- Reviewing and refinement of existing electronic test methodology
- Equipment selection and purchase.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Development of the circuitry and fixturing required for the production testing of electronic modules and circuit assemblies.
- Development of PC software preferably using, Borland C++ (Visual Basic, C Sharp), necessary for the validation of electronic modules or circuit assemblies.
- Responsibility for formulation of the test philosophy.
- Directing the activities of outside contractors in the design and build of test equipment or test fixtures.
- Analyses of the failure data for defect trends and provide feedback to the manufacturing and/or design team.
- Maintain current knowledge of latest testing and equipment technologies by attending trade shows, studying trade publications, and benchmarking.
- Maintain existing technical support for the repair of existing in house production test equipment.
- Involvement in process improvement program.
Knowledge and Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have a proven ability within design and also have engineering management experience.
- Good working knowledge of electronic circuit design and embedded microcontroller hardware design.
- Good understanding of electronics manufacturing
Reed Engineering Recruit across the North East of the UK. We have a number of Job opportunities within Manufacturing, automotive, FMCG, Security, aerospace, Oil & gas, Industrial, Marine, Precision Engineering. Reed will respond to all applications within 48hrs.
Design Engineer, Manager
Development Engineer, Manager
R&D Engineer, Manager
Quality Inspector, Technician, Eng
QA / QC Inspector, Engineer, Manager
Manufacturing Engineer, Team Leader, Manager
Production Engineer, Leader, Manager
Project Engineer, Leader, Manager
Applications Engineer, Manager
Maintenance Technician, Engineer, Manager
CNC Setter, Operator, Programmer
Operations Engineer, Manager, Director