Full-Time Instructor - Surgical Technology (closed)
Full-Time Instructor - Surgical Technology
Responsible for providing quality instruction to students through well prepared classes, relevant assignments, fair and holistic assessment of learning, clear documentation of student progress, and support of the academic success for at-risk students.
- Teach assigned courses
- Adequately prepare all course materials and lessons. Note preparation time will vary based on instructor experience in teaching that course
- Provide each student with clear course expectations, evaluations and timelines through carefully written topical outlines and approved, standardized syllabus
- Provide Interesting and relevant assignments for students that demonstrate learning outcomes in a real-life setting
- Suitably challenge, engage, serve and communicate with students to encourage their participation and learning while maintaining mutual value and respect
- Complete grade books, final grade sheets, learning assessments and final exam assessments on a timely basis
- Respond to student questions on a timely basis
- Identify and refer at-risk students to specific academic support services
- Ensure course and program learning outcomes are delivered as defined by the syllabus.
- Act as a substitute as needed
- Attend graduation ceremonies each year
- Where applicable, ensure safety and sanitation of all labs, equipment and supplies
- Post and maintain office and classroom schedules
- Participate in and provide feedback to institutional committees and reporting.
- Work with program chair and other appropriate groups on retention activities.
- Provide mentoring to new faculty
- Assist director of education in program evaluation and planning
- Attend regularly scheduled in-services and discipline specific professional development activities.
- Must maintain credentials as required by accrediting councils/agencies and regulatory bodies
- Strong organizational skills
- Possession of current Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) credential
- Proficiency in Word and Outlook
- Expertise in interpersonal and oral presentation/written communication skills, as demonstrated by: data sheet, diplomas, degrees, transcripts, certifications, CVs/Resumes, and in personal interview.
- Associate's degree required.
- Graduate from an accredited AST program (Associates in Specialized Technology)
- NBST Certification in Surgical Technology required. (NBST - National Board of Surgical Technology)
- 2-3 years experience in an operating room or surgical center.
- Part-Time applicants also considered