Retail District Manager (closed)
We have this position OPEN in multiple locations. Lousianna, Columbus, OH, Dayton, OH, Cincinnati, OH, Columbia, SC, Florence, SC, Sumter, SC, Indianapolis, IN, and Louisville, KY.
SUMMARY: Responsible for the leadership and direction of assigned stores within a district, focusing on operational procedures, merchandise presentation, and execution of all corporate initiatives by performing the following duties:
External Job Description :
The District Manager is responsible for the leadership and direction of assigned stores within a district, focusing on operational procedures, merchandise presentation, and execution of all corporate initiatives by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Ensure district compliance to all company policies, directives and operational standards
• Visit all stores within district on a planned schedule, providing constructive guidance and to review operational compliance
• Monitor store sales and payroll performance of all stores and initiate action plans to achieve company goals
• Review P&L statements monthly with each store manager to ensure all controllable expenses are within company guidelines
• Ensure compliance of company cleanliness standards and general store appearance
• Directly responsible for inventory shrinkage results for stores in district and implementation of actions to achieve results within company guidelines
• Maintain compliance to all safety rules and regulations
• Directly responsible for maintaining the proper staffing of all stores in district, including all store level positions
• Ensure timely execution of company procedures for new hires, promotions and all other status changes through routine communication with each store manager
• Ensure proper training guidelines are implemented and completed for all levels of store associates. Ensure timely processing of paperwork documenting said training
• Ensure strict compliance to all Federal, State and Local laws and accurate record keeping of store personnel files
• Develop and maintain a positive, constructive relationship with all associates within the District; address all Associate Relations issues promptly and in compliance with Company policies and procedures
• Communicate with buying staff on any merchandise needs, new items and stock levels
• Ensure the timely processing of freight shipments by all stores, take action on any store who is non-compliant
• Monitor the prompt and accurate completion of markdowns, price changes and store promotions; take action in problem stores to address non-compliance
• Uphold high standards of customer service. Enforce procedures of greeting customers and of efficiently handling customer transactions and complaints
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or related field, 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and understand documents such as general correspondence, cash reports, markdown reports, register tapes, departmental reports and office procedures/memos. Ability to speak effectively with vendors and employees of the company.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to talk and hear
• Manual dexterity is required to operate computer and telephone
• Ability to travel extensively by car and plane
• Ability to lift 25 lbs.
• Ability to use a computer in completion of job duties
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or related field,
5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
NOTE: THIS POSITION IS RESPONSIBLE FOR, ON AVERAGE, 7-10 STORES NOT JUST THE "APPLY TO" LOCATION.
Please click on the link below for all job descriptions can be found on our career site and apply directly
Thanks and Regards