Direct and coordinate activities of quality, process engineering and safety to achieve manufacturing goals including quality, safety and housekeeping, and customer satisfaction. Drive continual improvement of plant processes and product.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive improvement of plant processes by utilizing continual improvement tools such as DMAIC, Six Sigma, SPC and Lean Manufacturing.
- Establish and maintain inspection procedures, sampling test methods, and product quality assurance in compliance with ISO9001 standards.
- Develop and facilitate continuous improvement of quality systems.
- Approval of project final quality report and issue Quality certificate.
- Conduct internal audits of quality methods and procedures, facilitate continuous improvement.
- Direct engineering resources in performing root cause analysis on non-conformance and customer complaints.
- Collect, analyze, and report quality metrics and statistical data.
- Evaluate and improve methods and incorporate appropriate developing or established technologies into organization’s operations.
- Comply with legal regulations including OSHA and EPA.
- Prepare, maintain, and forecast department and capital budgets. Monitor and analyze regularly the departmental spending and make necessary adjustments to comply with budget and operational requirements.
- Ensure department(s) comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with other company manufacturing plants to facilitate sharing of best practices.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, math or related technical area.
- 10 + years experience in management and supervision of Quality Assurance or Quality Control or Engineering in a manufacturing environment. Experience in Ceramic manufacturing or Chemical manufacturing is preferred.
- Solid skills in continuous improvement methodology, including SPC, defect prevention, process qualification, Six Sigma, DMAIC, and ISO 9001.
- Detail-oriented and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated the fundamental characteristics of leadership of teams and departments.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- ASQ Certification is a plus.
- Action-oriented with a demonstrated track record of achieving positive and measurable manufacturing results.
KEY DECISION AREA/AUTHORITY:
- Department(s) budget responsibility.
- Purchase approval authority < $3,000.
- Employee performance evaluations.
- Priority and deployment of department resources.
- Selection, compensation, training and promotion of department employees.