Information Assurance Specialist
Richmond, Virginia - IT Specialist for long-term contract
· Responsible for coordinating and implementing IT security strategies
· General Information Systems security experience in the ten domains of security as outlined in ISC2 organization’s CISSP curriculum.
· Experience with vulnerability scanning / auditing tools, intrusion detection, PKI and VPN, and experience with virus tools and NT administration desired.
· Oversee implementation of Advisories and Bulletins (system vulnerability alerts), security systems and periodic audits.
· Serve as an Information Assurance Officer (IAO).
· Assist in the design and testing of infrastructure improvements to optimize operations.
· Utilize information security products to provide solutions and ensure conformance to requirements.
· Manage, monitor and recommend improvements to Network infrastructure for optimization with particular emphasis towards operational security (OPSEC), and information assurance (IA) as mandated under the broader DOD guidelines.
· Design, deploy and administer various security programs.
· Must be familiar with various industry standard operating systems for monitoring and testing security requirements.
· Experience with implementing and maintaining Arcsight Enterprise level application
· Ability to Implement and maintain McAfee ePO console HBSS, install, configure, upgrade, maintain and monitor Vontu, Arcsight, HBSS, Hercules Update and Configuration- Secure Compliance Remediation Initiative (SCRI).
· Functional knowledge of HP, SUN Unix, and MS NT administration desired.
· Candidate must be detail-oriented, well-organized, self-managed and quick to learn new technical skills.
· May be required to work early or late shifts to ensure daily team coverage between 6am and 6pm. Must be flexible to come in to work after normal hours occasionally if needed.
Prerequisites and Certifications
· CompTIA Security+ or Computer Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification required to start work (CISSP preferred).
· MCSA or MCSE or similar certification with SUN or UNIX required to start
· 6 years experience required in the following combination: 4 years hands-on for Information Assurance tools and technologies, and 2 years of experience with the following specific products/categories: ISS Real Secure Suite, Quest In Trust, ISS Anomaly Detection System (ADS), eEye Digital Suite, Firewall software, project planning, life cycle management, Windows 2003, Active Directory, Configuration Management tools, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Veritas, and Anti-Virus Software.
· This position requires US citizenship and an active DOD Secret Clearance to begin work.
LocationAll work will be performed onsite in Richmond Virginia