Oracle DBA with datamodeling
• Assisting in the design and development of pl/sql packages, functions or stored procedures to support the needs of application developers.
• Analyzing and tuning pl/sql packages, functions, stored procedures and add-hoc sql through the use of explain plans, sql trace, optimizer hints etc.
• Proposing and implementing recommended physical object structures and their design, i.e. materialized views, indexes, partitioned tables, IOT, etc.
• Reviewing, recommending and implementing appropriate statistical analysis for objects as needed, such as items relevant to histograms, ranges of data or frequency for CBO, outlined plans, etc.
• Provides high-level application data support for both Data warehouse and OLTP applications.
• Assist in the design, development, and support of relational and data warehouse database designs in a team oriented environment using data modeling tools, such as Erwin.
• Reviewing and make architectural recommendations on all physical design layouts of logical models
• Assists in the development of data migration plans through the use of pl/sql, datapump, sql*loader, and import/export utilities.
• Recommends design and parameter changes that aid in the support of high performing code.
• Data Modeling and Development team to assist in the review of relational and non-relational database models and their physical generation.
• Data Modeler to develop solid physical structures
• Production Database Administrators, Data Modelers and Development to enforce naming and coding standards.
• Database Leads and Database Architects to develop standards in processes and infrastructure design, build and implementation.
• Mentors Application team members in the development and tuning of packages and procedures.
• Production Database Administrators and Application Support to communicate and coordinate production release plans.
Experience, Qualifications and Technical Skills and Abilities:
• Service availability for all production systems
• Service performance relative to service requests and customer satisfaction
• Expense management relating to systems maintenance and equipment support